I suggest you ...

Offline Support

Enable offline reading for all unread items +images in feeds

I catch up on my RSS reading in the metro (spotty at best cell service) and on flights (often no service even available) -- please enable offline reading of unread items, and sync unread/bookmark/etc. on the next connect. The workflow of the MobileRSS app does this very well currently, and allows per-folder caching and selection of whether to cache images or not, on wifi only or any connection. That is a bit overboard, but being able to add an offline cache is the main feature I'll miss moving from my current solution.

PS: Otherwise, great app!

14,392 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon CamfieldJon Camfield shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    kai kai shared a merged idea: make feedly available offline for reading when there is no network  ·   · 
    MaxMax shared a merged idea: [Chrome] Offline Support  ·   · 
    LouLou shared a merged idea: Offline Reading  ·   · 
    Renault CartierRenault Cartier shared a merged idea: The ability to read our news offline  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: download all feeds for read them offline on smartphone  ·   · 
    Pierre MartinPierre Martin shared a merged idea: Would be really important to be able to read content offline.  ·   · 
    Edward CidEdward Cid shared a merged idea: Offline Support for Mobile  ·   · 
    P.P. shared a merged idea: Keeping my saved items available in offline mode  ·   · 
    LeoLeo shared a merged idea: Add offline reading to the mobile apps, like what Newsrob does  ·   · 
    MaxMax shared a merged idea: Add offline support in chrome  ·   · 
    Daniel NetoDaniel Neto shared a merged idea: Mobile App - Provide OFFLINE / Sync Support | Mobilizer  ·   · 
    ADXADX shared a merged idea: mode offline  ·   · 
    P DorisP Doris shared a merged idea: Offline caching  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: offline view  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Remi TrangAdminRemi Trang (Business Development, Feedly) responded  · 

The current feedly apps (iOS and Android) do not offer offline article caching.

This is a feature we are looking into.

If you’re looking for offline support, some feedly partner apps support it (eg.Reeder and Newsify on iOS, or Press on Android).

Those apps are powered by the feedly Cloud API and will seamlessly recreate your reading environment (all your feeds are sync’ed from feedly when you login).

To explore the feedly partner apps and their features, visit http://www.feedly.com/apps.html

234 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Why are the pictures in Feedly so often wrong?

• Stefan ColmerStefan Colmer commented  · 

I would pay for pro as well if this was available.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i would pay for pro if you make this available....

• Tyler SmithTyler Smith commented  · 

I would pay for pro if this happens.

• AndyAndy commented  · 

Given this is the #3 requested feature this seems a lame response. Does 'Under Review' actually mean it's a possibility?

I moved to Feedly after Google Reader closed, offline reading and its simple UI were the two features that made reader. Feedly has a great UI but I really miss the offline capability. The alternative parter apps' UIs don't really work for me, I've grown used to the feedly one so I really don't want to be forced to stop using feedly.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Wish it was added to feedly pro, which I'm already a subscriber of.

• Malik PeelerMalik Peeler commented  · 

Great for this article. Moreover, you can try with this PhoneClean, it can help you Remove Junk Files & Clear Private Data on iPhone. including App Caches/Cookies/Temp files/Crash Logs, Photo Caches, Safari Cookies/Caches/History, and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ILHNHJvJkA

• Jeff SummersJeff Summers commented  · 

This is a problem for people living in London too. Not good that there is two major cities who can't really use it because of no offline support!

• Tomi KelTomi Kel commented  · 

Sorry Remi but this response is very sad and it sounds like a political problem. At the moment you are still my favorite reader but overtime feedly became a browsing tool through which i save to Pocket / Instapaper to view offline. If I were you I would get myself together and make this super important feature a reality, otherwise someone else will do it before you and everyone will abandon ship.
        I really appreciate what you do but do not support a very important use case in which people go underground and still want to read stuff, not to mention the fact that if you were underground and read a few stories (without images) it won't sync and you then need to review these again.

• Mark McGuireMark McGuire commented  · 

With over 100K user on Android, I would imagine you can do better than your competition by enabling your users the power of using Feedly offline.

• PeterPeter commented  · 

I'm wanting this feature too! It's essential for any RSS feed reader to read off line .. I recently switched from feedddlerPro to feedly.. Hope some updates arrive soon..

• PatrickJSpearsPatrickJSpears commented  · 

People want offline features because we live and work in places where fast reliable access isn't always available.

• Tony IzzoTony Izzo commented  · 

I just voted for this, but want to add my personal request that content stored for offline viewing be stored (at least optionally) on the SD card.

• HubertHubert commented  · 

As many others have stated, this singular feature would convince me to stump up for a Pro subscription. I appreciate that there are other apps that will integrate but you've done a good job so far on the Android app and I don't want to have to use a 3rd party workaround as they're almost always a compromise.

• Niko LowryNiko Lowry commented  · 

I didn't see an edit button, and wanted to add: if any Android developers walk into this thread, please for the love of god make an XPOSED module that enables offline reading.

• Niko LowryNiko Lowry commented  · 

This feature is a must. Why would I ever want to use two apps?

I love the style, ui/ux of Feedly, but being a NYer I'll never even consider replacing Pulse for two apps.

• Mickets BRMickets BR commented  · 

JustReader is still the best for Android, IMHO. Downloads content for offline, customized settings per feed (choose to download or not images, audio, full web view, etc.). Just works.

• John PappasJohn Pappas commented  · 

This one feature would create another Pro user. This feature is why pay a number of "freemium" services. As with others, I frequently do not have a reliable connection (Secure areas, heavy buildings, remote locations, Firewalls, etc), and rely on apps that overcome the requirement for constant and reliable internet connection.

• Shane BurgerShane Burger commented  · 

I'm coming back to this after initially voting on it in March, and find it amazing that this is the third highest voted request (an essential, in my book) yet it isn't even being considered by Feedly. Wow, guys. Wow. I wish I could give it all the votes I have left.

As a New Yorker who takes the subway, having access to articles in their full form (with images) is a BIG plus.

Yes - you are right - it has been done in other apps. Therefore, how hard can it be to do it in yours? Instead, we have to lessen our overall Feedly UX by using another app on our iOS devices.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base