• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gianmarco C.Gianmarco C. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer Feedly's own login  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Remi TrangAdminRemi Trang (Business Development, Feedly) responded  · 

We are currently using Google’s oAuth protocol to identify you when you login, along with Facebook, Twitter, Windows live and Evernote login options.

We’ve opted to take the route of secure 3rd party oAuth login options for now, but we also realize there is a big demand for a dedicated “feedly login” option. This is something that will require more dev work, and we are looking at this for the longer term.

335 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IanIan commented  · 

Why should I pay Google every month to authorise Feedly?!

Feedly is the only reason to keep my Google Apps account now and because I want to get rid of Google Apps, I am considering deleting my Feedly account along with it. I would like to know how I can access my feeds without changing anything on my Feedly account other than the method used to access Feedly. Authorisation via other services is not possible, that just creates a new Feedly account.

This does not give me any confidence in you should I wish to upgrade.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It seems inconceivable that Feedly would not let you just login with an email and password. Whoever made this design decision at Feedly should be fired for utter incompetence. There are tens of thousands of apps that make logging in with an email/password a simple process, so there is absolutely no excuse for such a moronic design. Really, people, WTF!!?? You have to be mentally impaired or an infant to let this happen. I am going to start looking for an alternative RSS reader because clearly the software people at Feedly are intent on driving away users.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Feedly, you are in violation of your own terms and conditions by not providing this!

2.Registration
        2.1Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of the Company Properties you may be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Terms, a “Registered User” is a user of the Services (“User”) who has registered an account on the Website or App (“Account”), or has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) through which the User has connected to the App (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”).

The word "or" means there are alternatives. I wish to register using the first alternative. You have chosen not to make this available, thus, you are in violation of your own terms and conditions! Please comply. As someone who has developed web site software, I know that this takes more than "an hour" as one poster suggested, but given all the other great stuff you've accomplished, I'm sure your team is up to the task!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Please make this happen! Its the one thing keeping me from using feedly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I created a dummy google account shared among my family just for feedly but i cant login using it on my phone. Any solution to login another google account on android now? Had stopped using it since last year. Any workaround is good to know.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I too am not going to use this product through my google or facebook login. I really wonder if the owners of Feedly care though. After all, if the service is free, you are the product. The whole commercial point and goal of anything online that's free is to use and sell user data, surely. We should all accept and get wise to this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't use this service without a designated feebly login option. I do hope you will add this feature it the near future.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Feedly's tie-in to Google's oAuth protocol exposes my Feedly activity to Google's information-gathering infrastructure - just review the 'passthrough' information that must be 'opened up' to Google in order to use Feedly. This compromises my individual privacy. Feedly should 'step up' take responsibility for its clients use of its application by providing its own user authentication functionality. This is not a complicated nor difficult problem - but the after-effect of a design decision made by Feedly prioritizing expediency over its clients...

• AnonAnon commented  · 

but we also realize there is a big demand for a dedicated “feedly login” option. This is something that will require more dev work, and we are looking at this for the longer term.

It's a 1 hour code modification. You just want to link to other services so you can data mine your subscribers. Fuck you and your app.

• AnonAnon commented  · 

I find it sad that you would alienate established users just to try something new.

• OliverOliver commented  · 

Your service and user interface sounds and looks great to me... But I'd use feedly only with a personal account, or email login!!!

• JaneJane commented  · 

Will pass on feedly without an independent login option

• MeatballMeatball commented  · 

Please for the love of god, change this. I purchased a lifetime pro account when they first became available. I'm really opposed to giving Google another opportunity to big brother me. I shouldnt have to pay AND give even more personal data to Google for them to pimp to advertisers, our government etc. This should be a feature period- but at the very least for pro users. There's a growing number of us that dont want to use Google services at all. Please accommodate this.

• MeatballMeatball commented  · 

Please for the love of god, change this. I purchased a lifetime pro account when they first became available. I'm really opposed to giving Google another opportunity to big brother me. I shouldnt have to pay AND give them even more personal data to pimp to advertisers, our government etc. This should be a feature period- but at the very least for pro users.

• Anonymous commented  · 

pretty please add an email login

• Bruce RamseyBruce Ramsey commented  · 

I will not register with any social medium or any Google tentacle. Please provide a signup using a email login. Thank you. Please notify me of any changes appropriate to my comments.

• JanJan commented  · 

Will not register with FB or GMail. Please provide a standalone sign up.

• Ivan TchankovIvan Tchankov commented  · 

I'd use feedly only with a personal account, or email login.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base