I suggest you ...

Bug: Rss posts truncated in feedly

Recently, and likely due to the cloud.feedly.com migration, posts from an RSS feed at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/cranberries appear truncated and incomplete -- only the first four lines are shows.

This was verified with three different browsers (chrome, chromium, firefox), two operating systems (linux, android), different Google accounts, a feedburner subscription and even with different android apps connected to feedly.

It would be good if this could be fixed. Having to 'jump out' of feedly into webbrowser mode defeats the purpose.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dirk EddelbuettelDirk Eddelbuettel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dirk EddelbuettelDirk Eddelbuettel commented  · 

Dylan, thanks for the suggestion.

I wrapped the XML CDATA around the core "$body" part of the post, and unfortunately it didn't help. Even worse, it screws up the rest of the formatting.

A test file is at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/ti.xml -- import it into Feedly and see.

So still no fix.

• Dylan McCallDylan McCall commented  · 

Both of these feeds are being generated quite strangely, with escaped HTML characters inside the "description" field. My guess is that Feedly is parsing them incorrectly, but, if you happen to have control over that feed, you should put the description inside an XML CDATA section. It'll give you tidier, lighter output, and it'll be in line with common practice.

• Jennifer WeissJennifer Weiss commented  · 

I'm having the same issue with www.macheesmo.com. The author doesn't truncate his posts, but they appear truncated in Feedly. This is not an issue with any other readers.

• Sergey ShvetsSergey Shvets commented  · 

I have the same problem. I noticed this when I have some video inside rss post - after this post is not showing any content. This is super frustrating.

Feedback and Knowledge Base