I suggest you ...

please stop it crashing constantly

Since the new design update I am finding feedly for Android is crashing a lot. I could cope with it crashing but the annoying thing is you lose the articles that were on the screen before the crash. I view article one and am looking forward to article 2 but it crashes and I presume the list I was on is marked as read and on the restart I am given the next screen of articles with no way back. It seems particularly bad when browsing external links - the first page loads OK but if you click another link it always crashes. Maybe the best thing is to load external links in another browser?

If I can test anything then please let me know as I love freely and just want it stable

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick ThorleyNick Thorley shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mikemike commented  · 

Any progress on this?

• mikemike commented  · 

Constant crashes with latest version on android when opening browser.

• PlopPlop commented  · 

I've had similar issues with Feedly on iPod as well (I think it was overloading the memory). I chose to gReader on my old Android: it's light, stable, nice, very customizable and downloads articles for offline reading.

• Alex ChanAlex Chan commented  · 

Dear Feedly Team,

I do wonder someone could address 4.1.x crashing issue and hardware button partly/totally not responsive issue in a more responsive way.

I appreciate your work and a very prompt answer to Google Play’s app comment, however, please do watch about what the users comment first, but not spamming the same message without noticing whether the problem is fixed mentioned by the user. I, and I bet most of the users having the same issues, would like to help out if there is anything we could help to trace the root of problem, but not like what I have met. My situation is you have replied me quickly in Google Play, and you have mentioned if the problem is solved ask me please raise the rating again. I have mentioned I am please to do so if the problem is solved, and I tried to mentioned further about the situation and seek further common situation around the Google Play comments and the comments over the posts in this blog. However, I sent an email to the Feedly care email(care@feedly.com), and just like throwing stones into the sea.

I am pretty sure it’s not a minority of users meeting this problem, please note that there are still a number of models of phones are trapped into the 4.1.x version, especially models from Sony, Motorola and even Nexus S. This problem have appeared since 17.0, and till the moment 17.2 only addressed the another group of users in 4.0.x. Please take this issue seriously, otherwise you are just causing the losing faith of users in you, and disappointed in how seriously you take the users’ responses. (Update with stats: There are 37.3% of active users of android is in version 4.1.x, and it's the largest portion in the current distributions of a single major version)

It’s not the first time I tried to send email and do my response seriously. But what I got is nothing, even a single computer generated response that you have received my message and looking into it. If this is the service standard, I would claim that I have no faith in joining your pro service at the moment, as not even getting a single word from your support, how could I trust your PREMIUM support, I am afraid if I would get the same kind of no response from you even in your premium support.

Yours faithfully,
        Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base