Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. force chronological order

Not sure if this is something I'm missing, and some over posts have suggested something similar, but I'd missing the clean chronological order of GR. I'm getting things in my "All" category on chrome that have post times upwards of 20hrs prior, even when just minutes before it said all items had been read.

I know it sounds tiny, but I feel like a big draw of having an RSS feed is getting information as it comes out...not just sorted by popularity, or a seemingly random order.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide articles already marked as read when "unread filter" is on

Hide articles already marked as read when "unread filter" is on, rather than dimming them.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. fix the bug of full text output

Full text output of feed "www.zhihu.com/rss" is not available now. But it works well in Goofle Reader and The Old Reader. Please fix the bug.

Thank you.

PS: Zhihu is a Quora like website in China.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the "All items" choice, and put it in the order I specify - oldest first.

Add an option to see all items as it is in Google Reader, and give the option to see only unread or all, and oldest or newest first. Right now even when I specify oldest first the posts are scrambled, time-wise.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please implement "Undo" functionality for "mark as read", "unsave", "delete" ...

"Undo" ("fix" previously made actions) for as many actions as it can be done.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Logout from Google Accounts

When I click "Logout" in feedly, I want to also logout from Google Accounts. As I am using my Google account to login, it is logical that the Logout link logs me out of feedly+google.

Currently, I click logout in feedly, but can open a new gmail tab for example, and it is already logged in.

So, if I want to logout from feedly+google, I have to do it twice: logout from feedly; open another google tab (gmail, calendar, etc); click logout again.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Number of unread articles in title (for notification)

Here already are couple of suggestions about notifications – customizable desktop popup-like notification for Chrome/Firefox/Opera (is IE have something for that? I don’t know) would be ideal – but my suggestion is more easy to implement: add number of unread articles to page title in brackets, like so: “Feedly (42)” or “(42) new articles”, or something similar. There is number of extensions that can work with that, adding number to favicon, displaying popup, playing sound, etc.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add tag autocomplete

Add the ability to start typing a tag and have it autocomplete

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. https support for reading

The Google Reader support HTTPS for reading, while feedly is not.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto-expand all folders in the left pane

Don't have all folders collapsed whenever you visit the site. Auto-expand all folders with >0 unread items.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't strip MathML out of feeds

Google Reader doesn't strip MathML out of feeds, so Math/Machine Learning related blogs are readable. Feedly does strip that information out, so the blogs are unreadable inside Feedly.

eg: https://blogs.princeton.edu/imabandit/

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vimeo doesn't seem to work with feedly. And pictures posted by "John K" and "Thinking Animation" don't show up.

Any posts containing a vimeo embed doesn't seem to show up. And all I get from http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/ is just the text. And the same goes for http://animatorsresource.blogspot.com/. Both are visual blogs. Is there anyway that those types of blogs can be read easier with Feedly?

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'Unread Count' - number of unread posts on the toolbar hovered over the Feedly icon

You should be able to quickly see how many unread posts you have on Feedly by glancing at your toolbar. Similar to how the Gmail icon shows you a number 'i.e. 17' if you have 17 unread emails. Or Google Voice shows you a number hovered over the icon on the toolbar to show you how many messages are new/unlistened to.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. one click go to full article website

Many RSS feeds don't show the entire article when you click on the title in Feedly to view the article details (I use Magazine View btw). So I then have to click the title again to jump to the website to read the entire article.

Instead I'd like to have a "Full Article" link upon title hover next to the Mark as read // Save links. At least that locations makes sense to me...

Mark as read // Full Article // Save would be awesome!

Thanks!

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add a search function. with google reader I could search my starred posts which was so helpful.

add a search function. with google reader I could search my starred posts which was so helpful.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pick a folder or category to load on Startup

Google Reader let me pick a folder to load every day when I opened it. Feedly lets me pick some garbage called Today or something, or just open all feeds. I want to be able to specify a specific folder that it would default to when I start Feedly up each morning.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. language filter

google reader filtered feeds of languages i do not understand. i don't know how they did it, but they have filtered out languages i can't speak. for example: i follow the updates of the flickr blog, there are posts written in every language. i got only the german one (if availaible) otherwise i got the english one. now i can see every post written in japanese or spanish.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. improve your feed url phraser to accept more feed urls (like Google Reader)

In google Reader you can add feeds with all kind of urls:

example:
    The following Feed can not be added trough Feedly. Now i have to add the feed tho Google Reader and because of the syncronization, the feed show up in Feedly.
    http://openelec.tv/index.php/news?format=feed&type=rss

In the future, this workaround will not work anymore so feedly should fix this.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base