Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show me a confirmation window when clicking the "unread count" on the side bar which as acts as "mark all as read"

Give me an option to show a confirmation window when hitting the "unread count" on the side bar.

Too many times I have pressed the small number there by accident and had tons of articles removed with no option to undo or regret the action.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search function similar to Google Reader's

For example, I used Google Reader to follow a few threads on RedFlagDeals and occasionally, I try to search for deals in the last while using the search bar at the top. (i.e. if I were trying to buy an SD card, I would search for that and it would show me all of the RSS posts that had SD card in it and I would be able to compare prices)

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feedly's auto-read bug?

Feedly's auto-read as you scroll option works pretty well, BUT after I click on an article, then start scrolling again, auto-read disables?

Anyone else notice this? I'm guessing it's a bug...

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have my preference set to "No" for "Mark read when scrolling", but, unlike Google Reader, there is no option to Mark as Read for each post

I have my preference set to "No" for "Mark read when scrolling", but, unlike Google Reader, there is no option to Mark as Read for each post. There needs to be an option to Mark as Read on each article.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display video length in the thumbnail

Videos, like YouTube, could use the length of the video in the thumbnail so that the article doesn't need to be opened/read to find that out

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Feeds from Facebook Page rss not working

Hi, these past few days my feedly has trouble syncing with Facebook Page Rss that I subscribed too.

Please solve this problem.

Cheers

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You’re making a “snapchat” level mistake

Prior to yesterday’s update, a page of unread items were marked as read once that page was dismissed. That behavior is now gone, even in the classic version. I scan 100’s of articles a day whenever a have a moment or two. My reader MUST support appropriate incremental marking of articles as read in order to support my use case. As of this update it does not - and neither does the Feedly Classic app.

You are about to lose a large portion of your audience if you don’t bring back this behavior immediately - as in days.

Feedly got…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,would you try enabling mark as read on scroll and long pressing on articles to select form Mark as Read above/below? That would put you close to the previous behavior. We don’t have pages concept in the new app so we don’t know how to mark to mark a current page as read anymore.
    If that is a big change for you, there is Feedly Classic app still available.

8. Have the Checkmark only mark VISIBLE articles on a page as read

Hitting the Checkmark at the top of the page will mark ALL articles in the current section as read, even if the current page doesn't show them and if you haven't read them yet.

Change it so the checkmark marks all visible articles as read, and add a small link below the feeds in "IN MY FEEDLY" to clear ALL articles, visible and those not yet read.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make "v" work in Safari

In Safari, hitting "v" does not make a new tab appear with the orginal content. Please fix!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make a buttons "next post", "previous post" how it was in google reader

make a buttons "next post", "previous post" how it was in google reader. and hot keys for that actions.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. show me a way to mark articles as read as I scroll by them :) Unless I'm stupid (which is always a possibility) it doesn't work.

I like the fact that in Google's Reader the articles load inline as you scroll, with options to mark them as read as they hit the top border of the page. I hate having to click on the next page button to see more articles. I have many feeds and this just bogs me down. Also I like being able to view older articles first, like a timeline where I pick up where I left off.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow gmail label feeds

given my google alerts now have to go to my email, how about setting up the ability to use gmail filters as feeds as indicated in this article:
    http://lifehacker.com/157701/get-rss-feeds-from-your-gmail-labels

This would let me get my google alerts back into feedly, but by means of my email. I know this requires authentication, but if feedly is already authorized to the same account, why not? My understanding is that netvibes allows this....

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow me to view ALL blogs (unread AND read) in the "Today" or "Latest" list (like Google Reader does).

I just want a simple list (ordered chronologically) of all of my blogs. That's it! Why does Feedly only show unread, and why can't I just get a simple list (in the Android app, that is -- I figured out how to do it on the website). And all this swyping crap is annoying -- just make the damn list scroll like normal (I hate FlipBook for the very same reason). In my opinion, this app is trying too hard to look cool that it's impossible to use. I'm off to look for something better.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make magazine view full screen width

we requested full screen width before but you only changed article view. so i'm making another request that you make magazine view full screen width. i want to hide all the redundant icons and links to the right and see the pictures with a blurb for each article.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need an inline next / previous article button, I want to use only mouse operation Feedly for web

Because there is no button, I need to stop sliding the mouse wheel, keep sliding, keep sliding, never stop!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the use of N and P hotkeys when scrolling...just like in google reader... N for next post, and P for previous. Great 4 speed scrolling

allow the use of N and P hotkeys when scrolling...just like in google reader... N for next post, and P for previous. Great 4 speed scrolling

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show statistics of feeds

Like erstwhile Google Reader, show statistics on feed regarding: last updated, last read, volume of post/day, volume of read/day, etc. Helps user curate content, drop old/non-updating feeds, etc.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base