Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to remove an article from boards.

I don't know if I use boards as intended, but from my research and from the official blog suggestions, I think one of its use is like a categorized, organized "read later". I even stopped using pocket for it.

So, a "side suggestion" would be to show the total number of articles in a board on the side panel. This way I wouldn't need to click each board to see if I have something in it.

But, the main suggestion is:

After reading an article, in the current way I have to click it inside feedly (if I for example…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Context-aware duplicate management, like News360

Take a look at the way News360 organize duplicate news. It's VERY clever. Every time a "big event" happens (e.g. Apple announces a new iphone), my feed is inundated by the same news, with slightly different perspectives (not exactly duplicates). It would be useful to have a "master topic" (e.g. "Apple launches new iphone", then all "related news" linked to it, maybe in order of popularity? This way, my feed would be so much easier to deal with...

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug in saved for later

There's a bug in saved for later which means I cannot delete one saved article. Everything else works as normal, but one article will not delete whatever I do to it. Untagging it, clicking delete, etc appear to work until the page is reloaded - then the article reappears

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. save the link even if you can't parse the content

I'm trying to add a URL to a board and it seems like Feedly first fetches the content and displays a preview before enabling the "Save To Board" button in the UI. The URL resolves, but its not to a traditional "article", its just a link to a web application that I find relevant to the Board I created. Feedly never enables the button and a message that says "Content not available" shows. Just let me save the URL, please. I don't care about the preview.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time of reading

There's this app called medium and every article they post there's an algorithm that calculates how much time you're going to take reading the article. This makes the lives of Feedly users more productive since they will be able to read first what takes the least time if they don't have too much time to read and when we do have time we'll read the bigger articles.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. reordering feeds

I would like an automatic alphabetical reorder - since I have 65 in a category!!!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a direct unfollow option

As of now, to unfollow a feed you must

1.) select the feed and (unintuitively) click the "Following" button
    2.) type in the collection it is currently in
    3.) un-check the collection
    (repeat step 2 + 3 if the feed is in more than one collection.)

This takes so many clicks and is rather tedious. A straightforward "unfollow" option put in one of the drop-down menus would solve this.

(in reference to the comments here: https://feedly.uservoice.com/forums/192636-suggestions/suggestions/16772929-make-feedly-better-by-putting-an-unfollow-button )

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. save location in feed

I sometimes browse feeds, and find it's not possible to save a *location* in a feed (only individual items). It would make sense to have an option to "show location" for saved items (or whichever way this would be implemented), to be able to easily go to the relevant spot in the feed in question.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. make a difference between news that are read and those that are "skipped" (via Mark as).

I often wish that there would be a difference between articles I truely read and those that I notice without opening them. This would be helpful to review interesting news later via "recently read".

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug: 'All' view shows only old articles es

I normally use the All view to go through my feed. For a couple months now, my All feed only shows articles that are 31 days old. This happens across the web, iOS, and Android. It must be something on my account. The Today view works ok and shows new articles.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove useless "1 more source"

When there's exactly 1 source to hide it is hidden under "1 more source", which takes exactly same screen space and requires clicking to reveal what's behind it. Thus it is not simply useless - it is actively harming UX. Please fix it so sources only hidden if there are 2 or more to hide.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. NSFW feeds from reddit do not sync through Feedly

I have a reddit.com/r/nsfw/.rss feed. It works fine if I use feedbin. It works fine if I go direct to the RSS. However it will not sync in feedly. Neither through the web site, nor through the client (Reeder 2) I am using. What gives? Is feedly itself blocking syncing of reddit feeds that are nsfw?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some articles I mark read come back as unread. Why?

Some articles I mark read come back as unread. Why? They should not come back

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow searches to be saved as a new search based collection.

Allow searches to be saved as a new search based collection. This would allow users to use the powerful Feedly Pro Search to create dynamic sources based on keywords.

This would allow users to monitor certain keywords across the larger aggregation of Feedly sources "Beyond my Feedly" or just within their defined sources.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a 12hr option to mark as read section.

I like the mark items older than 24 hours as read feature, but wish there were more options such as 6 and 12 hours. I have a lot of feeds and sometimes would like more choices than just 24 hours as the minimum.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mechanisms for organizing SAVED FOR LATER

I find that my SAVED FOR LATER is not very useful because are too many saves. Sorting by date is really not useful.

What would be useful is a couple of things:

1. Let me pick a folder/tag to organize the SAVED *within* the saved category

2. Let me have the option of viewing only the SAVED for particular feeds (distinct from the feed itself in the SAVES display)

3. Drag-and-Drop a SAVE onto a tag to have it automatically tagged instead of having to go into the item, hit tag, go through dropdown. Even better, allow me to select…

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add an option to hide duplicate articles

While I'd love it if Feedly would remember every combination of source and title of articles I've seen forever so that it could suppress them in the future, I realize that's not very realistic. But it would be an improvement if it could hide duplicate articles within my current session. When I'm reading it every other day I don't need to see an entry every time there's been an update to an article. I really only want the latest one. This wouldn't require saving anything between sessions or on a server.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Feedly Better with Random Sorting (Currently only by new or old posts first)

I would like a random feature which displays posts in a random order at the time of opening, not only recent or oldest first.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Offer an option to delete "saved for later" articles after X days.

Hello,
    i'm always marking articles to read later and sometimes forget to untick / hide after i read them because i thought i mike need it later.
    After days i already forgot about them.
    I'd like to see an option to delete or archive old saved for later articles. Maybe a button which will delete all articles 30 days or older would be nice.

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Suspend a feed without removing

I would like to be able to suspend a specific RSS feed (i.e. not get new posts) but not remove it from my list of feeds so that I can reactivate it at a later time.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base