Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 24,486 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    446 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search within my feedly

Ability to search for articles within my feeds, categories and just from all my feedly

17,572 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    949 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
    We’ve recently launched a major new version of feedly Search.
    It is 10x faster, empowers you to search your entire feedly history without limitations and supports filters and operators. Also for the first time, you can search beyond your feedly and discover new interesting content.

For a quick tour of the new Search, we made a video demo: https://feedly.com/index.html#pro/search
    Try it out: http://feedly.com/index.html#search/interstellar/title/engagement.high/video/topic/global.popular

Search is part of feedly Pro.
    Non-pro users can use all the operators and features and get access to the first search results.

Don’t hesitate to try it out give us your feedback.
    Best,
    -Remi

3. Make Feedly have smooth scrolling instead of page by page scrolling. It makes quickly scanning through articles more natural.

Make Feedly have smooth scrolling instead of page by page scrolling. It makes quickly scanning through articles more natural. The two current scrolling methods seem choppy.

2,988 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    101 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. donate

I don't need the pro version but love the service and understand you have costs associated with running the service, is there a place I can donate to in lieu of the pro subscription?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for your interest in donating and supporting Feedly. The only way to donate right now would be to start a monthly subscription for a couple months and cancel when you feel you’ve donated enough.

5. 6,020 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    364 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filters to hide or highlight items – based on keywords and phrases

For example: I want to hide all items containing the word "pope". Now I just need to create a filter and all items with the word "pope" in headline and/or content will be hidden from my news stream. Same for highlighting certain words or phrases.

6,809 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  286 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OPML Export

This one's pretty simple. Our data is our data, and I don't want it trapped in Feedly. Up until now this wasn't a problem, since we could sync with google reader and export from there, but now that Google Reader is shutting down we need a formal, user friendly options to export our feed data in multiple formats.

3,469 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Arthur responded

We just added OPML export to feedly. To do so please visit: http://cloud.feedly.com/#opml
    Cut and paste the content of this file into a local file and name it feedly.opml.
    That way you will have all your feeds on your computer.

8. Use the full width of my screen to display more content

Currently, feedly looks great, but it is only using 1239 pixels (horizontally) of my 1920 pixel wide display (1903 when you take away the scroll bar). That's almost 35% completely un-used space that could give me a better experience.

Specifically: I like to see the small excerpt from an item next to the title. I've just moved from Google Reader, where I was able to see much more of these excerpts.

For comparison, here's a one-above-the-other image showing how Google Reader compares to feedly:

http://i.imgur.com/Mn8wzlr.png

3,234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Full width display was implemented with v14.0.477 of feedly on desktop (along with a few other features).

You can view the full change log in our blog post: http://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/08/14-0-477-a-new-version-of-feedly-desktop-focusing-performance-and-quality/

Thanks to the community and everyone who upvoted this suggestion. We continue to listen to your input and requests, so don’t hesitate to vote on other suggestions.

9. Bring back the Feedly Mini-bar for Chrome

Feedly mini-bar for chrome is missing ever since the migraiton to Cloud. Earlier I used to see it at the right corner of the screen but it is no longer visible.

749 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    127 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2,216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The option to hide categories with no updates was implemented with feedly 14.0.481.

To turn it on, go to left navigation bar > preferences link and select the hide option.

See details regarding this release (also including a new iteration of feedly mini and pinterest integration) on the Building Feedly blog: ihttp://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/15/listening-and-improving-the-experience-14-0-481-is-out/

Thank you for your suggestion!
    Don’t hesitate to submit other feature requests on UserVoice.

11. Keyboard Shortcuts like Google Reader

One of the core reasons why I have been using Google Reader is the list of shortcuts it has. I find some of these missing in Feedly. I would be happy to have you built similar shortcuts like Google Reader.

Some of the shortcuts which I use and I feel are missing are:
    1) Option to select a particular RSS feed. Google reader has this by specifiying key G followed by T. It goes to a particular tag.
    2) Option to make the Views as Titles for all the feeds. Currently I have to do this manually visiting each feed. …

1,880 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  112 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sharing via email

From a Google Reader ex-user: I frequently share feed articles via email. I don't see that option anywhere on the Chrome plug-in of Feedly (although it works great on the iOS version that I also use). Should be trivial to add to Chrome? Thx.

1,533 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    84 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Saved for later bug

I have a bug on my “Saved For Later” list. One article is stuck in there, even when I take the “Saved For Later” tag off it keeps being displayed on my list… and it's the most frustrating experience I had.

This bug made me think about a feature, a Single button to empty the “Saved for Sater” list, removing all the tags from all the articles using just one click or even 2 —if you add it on one menu.

This is different to the concept of “Mark as Read” I don't mean to mark them as read, I…

686 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    141 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re very sorry for this, please if you’re not able to delete some article from Save for Later, if it is stuck there forever, let me know at care@feedly.com I’ll fix this for you from our end.
    Also please send me your userID from : https://feedly.com/i/console

userID is a string of numbers and characters on top of that page, usually something like this: 8ad234e3-3921-40ac-9808-39213e8c65ff

14. Option to show only unread on feedly mobile

An option to show only unread articles in the "Latest" and other views.

1,450 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, it is now possible on Android (see the 3 dots menu in category in the top right position) and iOS apps (see the gear icon in the category in the top right position) to see only unread articles.

15. Undo Mark All As Read

If you accidentally mark all as read, you should be able to undo.

1,262 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    135 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix problems with feeds not updating

I have one feed that won't update: The Corner from National Review. I have unsubscribed and resubscribed, but still no updates since Monday 4/16/13. All other feeds seem to be updating normally.

592 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    160 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, we’d like to address this issue with couple ways to do when one of your feeds is not updating.
    There are more scenarios, usually when the feeds it not updating, there might have been a change on the side of the website,blog,news site you follow. Sometimes they change the URL of the feed – you can go to the website and look for the new one.
    Here are some tips on adding feeds to your feedly or discovering them on the site: https://feedly.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/187494-how-to-add-news-feeds-to-your-feedly

Sometimes when you see you have the correct RSS feed URL and that the site produces new content, they might have blocked us – in this case, please let us know either through Twitter: https://twitter.com/feedly or the Open Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113648582731838175643

Thank you.

17. "Title View" as default display option

an option for the default view for "Titles"

1,049 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature is now available!

On feedly desktop go in Preferences (at the bottom of the left menu). The second section is called “Default view” and enables you to set a view as default. This includes the Titles view.

We are also working on bringing this feature on feedly mobile. Keep an eye on blog.feedly.com for new features announcement.

18. / www.livejournal.com/

June 15 channel / www.livejournal.com/ not updated Feedly ...

347 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The issue is now fixed. If you have other problems with this feed please contact care@feedly.com with the subject [feed], the name of the feed in the body as well as what is happening.

19. Export my RSS data from feedly

Maybe.. some someday later...
    feedly will not available like Google Reader now...

I need to backup my RSS data to another services.
    Please provide this feature to user thanks!

777 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    95 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. support JSON feeds, especially now that Twitter has retired its RSS format

want to still be able to subscribe to Twitter feeds without having to create Twitter account

308 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base