Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. global option for "changing layout and filtering" views and filter settings

This is only available in the individual feeds, or folders.
    but i would like to set these option globally: e.g I like to have the "Unread Only" filter unchecked everywhere, but i need to do this job one by one. same to the "View" option: I would like to use the "Titles" view everywhere, but i have to set this option in every folder. thanks in advance.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add sort by likes

You already have the amazing count for the likes in Facebook - please add an option to sort by the number of likes! (other relevance measures are possible and welcome!)

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not mark items as read after 30 days as crappy GReader does

One of the ways to destroy GReader was to mark items read which are older than 30days - with the new Normandy backend, please do not do this!

206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The fact that articles are automatically marked as read after 30 days is a performance thing in feedly, we have this set in the back-end as this allows for better/faster refreshing and handling of the unread counts and articles.

2 comments on this:

1. For feeds that publish less frequently but that you still want to follow diligently, there is a preference setting in feedly to mark certain feeds as “Must Read”, this may be a useful feature for this purpose: http://feedly.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/263389-how-to-mark-unmark-as-must-read-

2. Just in case this isn’t clear: you can still access the entire feed history we have indexed in feedly over time by setting your feed preferences to display all articles (read and unread). To set this preference, see: http://feedly.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/297491-view-read-unread-articles-only

4. Support IE 10

Simply support IE 10+ in Windows 7 and 8.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Explore start page

Coming from Google Reader, there was an option to start with the Explore page. This is similar to the Today page, but instead of unread articles of my existing feeds, it showed articles from feeds that I am not currently subscribed to but may find interesting.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. have the option to sort feeds by popularity or based on contents I thumbed up

Besides sorting by oldest and newest, I would also like to see sorting by popularity and have the ability to thumb-up or down an article.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. default filter (unread) in the preferences

For all feeds, the default filter is to show only 'unread' articles. I don't want to have to click this for each feed, even though it is the first time only. I generally want all my articles to show, and it is already stylized to show what I haven't read.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add the ability to save images while reading feeds!!

Be able to save images/save pictures while reading your content

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add an option to make the left sidebar sticky. I'd like to keep it open as I browse through the feeds to see what's new.

I'd like to open the left sidebar, and keep it open, so that I can quickly click on each feed in my categories, to skim through what's new, rather than have to keep re-opening the left sidebar as I switch from one feed to the next.

463 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1,169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    62 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to import opml files

The college I work for uses JournalTOCs to organize feeds for our scholarly journals. Users who want to view their followed journals in an RSS reader need to download an OPML file. Can feedly support importing these files?

617 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Arthur responded

We have implemented a simple way to import your OPML file into feedly.
    This will basically recreate your reading environment form Google Reader.

Here are the 6 steps to follow:

1. Go to http://cloud.feedly.com
    2. Shift+reload to make sure that you are running the latest 16.0.548 version (The version is available at the bottom of the left selector).
    3. Login if you are not already logged in.
    4. Click on the Import OPML link available at the bottom of the left panel. This should loadhttp://cloud.feedly.com/#cortex
    5. Select your subscriptions.xml (which is available in your Google Reader Takeout).
    6. Click Import

You should see all your feeds and categories get populated into your feedly account. Note: This is not going to remove any feeds you already have into your account. Just add the additional feeds and categories.

Should you run into an issue during the import process, we are here…

12. add a stats area

where you can see the number of read articles, the most frequently updated feeds, etc. (like "trends" in Google Reader)

2,299 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. let me hide read articles.

Once an article is marked read, hide it by default. When I go into a category I see lots of articles that are old...if there are no new articles I want to see nothing.

2,960 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filters to hide or highlight items – based on keywords and phrases

For example: I want to hide all items containing the word "pope". Now I just need to create a filter and all items with the word "pope" in headline and/or content will be hidden from my news stream. Same for highlighting certain words or phrases.

6,809 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  286 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add pinterest as a sharing option.

Feedly already emphasizes visuals with their magazine view. I would love to able to pin a picture from a post directly to my pinterest boards. This feature would probably draw a lot of pinterest users to your service.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pinterest integration was implemented with feedly 14.0.481.

You can now simply hover over any picture and click on it to add that picture to one of your pinterest boards

See details regarding this release (also including a new iteration of feedly mini and other new features) on the Building Feedly blog: ihttp://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/15/listening-and-improving-the-experience-14-0-481-is-out/

Thank you for your suggestion!
    Don’t hesitate to submit other feature requests on UserVoice.

16. 299 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. get titles view on iOS

do not see the change layout and filtering on the ipad version of Feedly. There should be a titles view.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OPML Export

This one's pretty simple. Our data is our data, and I don't want it trapped in Feedly. Up until now this wasn't a problem, since we could sync with google reader and export from there, but now that Google Reader is shutting down we need a formal, user friendly options to export our feed data in multiple formats.

3,469 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just added OPML export to feedly. To do so please visit: http://cloud.feedly.com/#opml
    Cut and paste the content of this file into a local file and name it feedly.opml.
    That way you will have all your feeds on your computer.

19. "Title View" as default display option

an option for the default view for "Titles"

1,049 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature is now available!

On feedly desktop go in Preferences (at the bottom of the left menu). The second section is called “Default view” and enables you to set a view as default. This includes the Titles view.

We are also working on bringing this feature on feedly mobile. Keep an eye on blog.feedly.com for new features announcement.

20. Build a 'compact' view in the Android version too (like the 'Titles' view in the on-line version).

The most compact view in the Android app is not compact enough and it shows images on the left side of each title as well as a few lines of extra text. A concise view with no image and no extra text (only the title of each article) would be very desirable (a view similar to the one that's called 'Titles' in the online version).

1,640 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

New Title View implemented in v14 – both on desktop and mobile.

As with any view, you can apply Title View to specific categories, or set it up as default:
    a) on desktop:
    “prefs” > “Default View” > select the first option “Titles only (Google Reader)”
    This will apply the default Title view to all your categories, including “All” and all of your categories, the only exception being “Today”, which keeps the Magazine layout.
    b) on mobile:
    “Advanced Settings” > “Default view” > pick “List view”.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base