Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline Support

Enable offline reading for all unread items +images in feeds

I catch up on my RSS reading in the metro (spotty at best cell service) and on flights (often no service even available) -- please enable offline reading of unread items, and sync unread/bookmark/etc. on the next connect. The workflow of the MobileRSS app does this very well currently, and allows per-folder caching and selection of whether to cache images or not, on wifi only or any connection. That is a bit overboard, but being able to add an offline cache is the main feature I'll miss moving from my…

16,098 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    276 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The current feedly apps (iOS and Android) do not offer offline article caching.

This is a feature we are looking into.

If you’re looking for offline support, some feedly partner apps support it (eg.Reeder and Newsify on iOS, or Press on Android).

Those apps are powered by the feedly Cloud API and will seamlessly recreate your reading environment (all your feeds are sync’ed from feedly when you login).

To explore the feedly partner apps and their features, visit http://www.feedly.com/apps.html

2. Feedly for Windows Phone & Windows 8

Please, I beg you. Make an app for both Windows Phone and Windows RT/8. Or at the very least, make the web version compatible with IE10.

15,992 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    399 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Arthur responded

At the moment we don’t offer feedly for Windows phones. But here are a couple of things that might interest you:

- You can access feedly from NextGen, a Windows Phone and Windows 8 app. See more here: http://www.feedly.com/apps.html

- feedly is available pure web (plugin and extension-free) and can be used on Windows as a result. Try here: http://cloud.feedly.com/

3. Translate feed and/or category

Google reader has already a feature for automatically translating a feed or a feed category to English (or probably from any language to any other). It would be useful to have this functionality on Feedly.

4,407 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Full Feed

I subscribed some RSS, which doesn't provide full feed. In Google Reader I need to use some third part addon (Super Full Feeds for Chrome or D7 Google Reader on Android). They use readability mobilizer, instapaper mobilizer or google mobilizer to provide the full feed.

Since opening the web browser to view the content is not nice - slow and I can't focus on the content itself. It would be really nice that Feedly includes this feature.

4,098 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    93 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No limits on unread/old items

PLEASE do not impose a 30-day limit on Normandy like Google Reader did. At the very least, allow users to view items older than 30 days on Normandy. People don't want to lose information!

3,374 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    107 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like to share with you how Search works and why the limitation is set on 30 days.

Basically the reason why we have to limit to 30 days for categories is because searching across a large number of feeds takes a long time to return results right now. This also explains why we can remove this limit when you search directly in a feed rather than a category, as that will return search results a lot faster.

You can still see all the older articles as unread in all your Collections/Categories. If you’ll click on the Gear icon on the top right and uncheck “Unread only” you’ll see all the articles, just marked as read.

Improving our search feature is one of our top priorities for feedly Pro, so we’re trying to up this limit soon. Unfortunately we don’t have an ETA to give you on that.

6. Sort folder contents

It should allows user to sort contents within folders as google reader

3,155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  119 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display unread items number on Feedly Plus icon

It's how I know I have something waiting for me to read. I don't want to check Feedly blindly throughout the day.

2,530 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Old school Google Reader-style social sharing

Once feedly transitions to Normandy, why not start working on following/sharing features like the beloved ones old Google Reader used to have? The internet would genuinely poop its pants with joy if this were to happen.

2,423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sharing is an important aspect of the reading experience in feedly.

We are currently designing a new sharing experience to allow you to better share content from your feedly.

ETA Spring 2014.

9. Add Opera support

Make an extension for Opera please!

1,853 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    156 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Organize subscriptions within the categories

I would like to organize my subscriptions within the categories and to give them an order (not necessarily alphabetical). As far as I know, there is no such possibility in current version. In Google Reader I was used to have them organized in a certain order within the category. I do not know if you have in program to add such feature but it will be great for me :) thanks

1,752 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  46 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make an option to get rid off the annoying "Featured" section, it is absolutely useless.

Make an option to get rid off the annoying "Featured" section, it is absolutely useless. Also, grey font color or the feed names and groups is unreadable, make an option to change it's color or simply make is more contrast

1,368 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Being able to add Twitter feeds as RSS feed

I hate Twitter's timeline concept. I want to read other's Twitter feeds as I read RSS feeds in feedly.

1,355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let me edit the feed URL via 'organize'

I can't find a way to edit a feed's URL.

1,153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  73 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BlackBerry support

Create a native app for BlackBerry

1,007 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New keyboard shortcuts: View original in *background* tab, Preview

Please add a keyboard shortcut (or a toggled option) that acts like 'v', but opens the new tabs in the background!

Also, I love the 'Preview' link. Shortcut for that would be awesome.

983 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In Android, an option to always open in my preferred browser.

It took me a little time but I'm starting to like Feedly on my Nexus 7. However, Feedly forces me to take an unnecessary step to open an item in my preferred browser (which happens to be Dolphin).
    From the "teaser" item, Feedly should open an item using a "preferred browser" option
    Alternatively, add an "open in preferred browser" icon to the "teaser" item (the same icon now exists on the expanded item).

960 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. enable new article notifications on Android

A small icon in the notification bar to show new articles are available would make it easy to see there's something to read, without taking up the space of the homescreen widget.

953 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. change the iOS app (and Android/Kindle) so it will stream audio from podcasts without stopping when screen locks or when multitasking

I currently use Feedler to access my Google Reader account on my iPhone and I would love to switch to Feedly, but I listen to a large number of podcasts through RSS (I hate iTunes) and having the audio stream stop when the screen locks or when I background the app to do something else is a non-starter for me.

913 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keyword search notification

It would be nice to define an special entry that notifies you about feeds that show some pre-defined keyword.

914 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bookmarks like the real ones to mark where we finished reading

I would like to open feedly across multiple devices and see a bookmark to every category that shows me where I stopped reading since the last time, independently of the opening of the article (just seeing the title).
    The bookmarks would be placed where users wanted.

892 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 445 446
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base