Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Feedly have smooth scrolling instead of page by page scrolling. It makes quickly scanning through articles more natural.

Make Feedly have smooth scrolling instead of page by page scrolling. It makes quickly scanning through articles more natural. The two current scrolling methods seem choppy.

2,988 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    101 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Title View" as default display option

an option for the default view for "Titles"

1,049 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Arthur responded

The feature is now available!

On feedly desktop go in Preferences (at the bottom of the left menu). The second section is called “Default view” and enables you to set a view as default. This includes the Titles view.

We are also working on bringing this feature on feedly mobile. Keep an eye on blog.feedly.com for new features announcement.

3. Bring back the Feedly Mini-bar for Chrome

Feedly mini-bar for chrome is missing ever since the migraiton to Cloud. Earlier I used to see it at the right corner of the screen but it is no longer visible.

749 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    127 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Saved for later bug

I have a bug on my “Saved For Later” list. One article is stuck in there, even when I take the “Saved For Later” tag off it keeps being displayed on my list… and it's the most frustrating experience I had.

This bug made me think about a feature, a Single button to empty the “Saved for Sater” list, removing all the tags from all the articles using just one click or even 2 —if you add it on one menu.

This is different to the concept of “Mark as Read” I don't mean to mark them as read, I…

686 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    141 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re very sorry for this, please if you’re not able to delete some article from Save for Later, if it is stuck there forever, let me know at care@feedly.com I’ll fix this for you from our end.
    Also please send me your userID from : https://feedly.com/i/console

userID is a string of numbers and characters on top of that page, usually something like this: 8ad234e3-3921-40ac-9808-39213e8c65ff

5. Bring back "Full Article View"

I used the full article view most of my time on pc, but I see that now it's gone everywhere except from the list of "All" articles.

I found it extremely easy to use, it gave a more direct reading experience instead of clicking article by article to see if you're interested on it

Please bring it back

383 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 368 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  44 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sort by likes

It would be great if I can sort posts by the number of likes, almost in a heat-mapping kind of way, so I can read the most shared item first (often the most important item first). It's akin to crowd-sourced heat-mapping and would be immensely useful for quick filtering through feeds! Thanks!

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Marking as Read button no longer proceeds to next category/source

Clicking the 'Mark as Read' button used to proceed to the next item which contained unread items, now it continues showing the same source. Please make this configurable or add another button which proceeds to next unread source.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, we’re very sorry for this regression, it is now fixed. For those who still see this, please refresh feedly. If that doesn’t work, log out and back in. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

9. Fix Adobe advertising block so it doesn't scroll with titles.

With free version show Adobe title. But remove Adobe advertising overlay on top of titles. (See attached.)

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide big clear buttons for 'mark read/keep unread' in every view (list, magazine,etc).

On the tiles or list items, an easy-to-click icon to dismiss (or keep unread) any individual item.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the checkmark button mark all entries as read again!

The checkmark button at the top right now shows a dropdown which just adds more clicks. Change it back to Mark All Read like it has been for years! If you want more options, put them under a separate icon rather than making everyone click more than once for a common activity!

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. let us upload a profile picture directly to Feedly

At present, my Feedly profile photo comes directly from Google Reader. What happens when Google goes away? It should be possible to upload a profile photo directly to Feedly. As it is, I've tried changing my photo at Google, but it won't accept the change. So an old profile photo, which is what is currently on Google, is also on Feedly.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. change the feed designs back to the previous version

A new design appears to have rolled out to me today.

I have all my feeds set to 'titles only' & 'comfortable', but there's both a lot of wasted whitespace at the top of the feed, and the items are bunched very close together, as though it was set to 'compact'. Hiding the display options in a drop down behind the feed title is also a little irritating.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you all for your feedback. We know if might be a bit hard to see something new and for those of you who are used to the old view for many years this might be a quite shocking experience. We’re so sorry for the frustration some of you might experience. We’ll be releasing a blog post about the advantages and changes of the new UI.
    For those who don’t like it and won’t get accustomed that, you can switch to the previous UI here: http://feedly.com/i/preferences/advanced in the Rendering engine section. Please note that we won’t release any further updates to this new engine in the future like the current annotation, highlights and further improvements like Machine learning etc.

14. Please bring back the old "go to next/previous" article buttons on Widows/Chrome

Please bring back the old "go to next/previous" article buttons on Windows/Chrome. They were there yesterday and worked fine. Today they're impossible to find.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a simple "Highlight" feature

This userscript http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/23671 does a very simple and yet extremely useful thing:
    1- it allows you to select "keywords" to highlight a post
    2- it lets you select "keywords" to hide/blur a post

This way one can go through a large feed much faster thanks to the visual aid of the highlighting/bluring.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fever-like "What's hot" sorting option

Add support for a Fever-like sorting option witch shows the hottest Feeds and News within my Feedly.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to hide/unpin left side links

Right now you can Unpin and hide the menu. I like being able to see it, so I don't hide it. What I would like to hide is the NINE links below my list of feeds in the menu. I'm talking about the links to Recently read, Organize, Themes, Preferences, Pro Support, Roadmap, Mobile Apps, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service. For my useage I hardly ever, or never use these. And they take up more space than my feeds do. Let me unpin and hide this portion of the menu please!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More Featured Articles / Sort by number of likes

I want to have more featured articles, perhaps separately unlike the existing Idea to disable featured articles altogether.

Featured articles are useful to view only most liked posts instead of going through lot of new feeds.

Alternatively sort by likes will be great too

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'm unable to open my Saved Items

I'm unable to open my Saved Items

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can no longer see read items easily

Previously if one clicked directly on a feed name and there were no unread items, the list of read items would be displayed. This has been changed recently and now to see read items, you need to change an option in the feed settings.

This makes it much more difficult to find an article you read yesterday or if you clicked "Mark as Read" by mistake and want to go back.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base