Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Organize subscriptions within the categories

I would like to organize my subscriptions within the categories and to give them an order (not necessarily alphabetical). As far as I know, there is no such possibility in current version. In Google Reader I was used to have them organized in a certain order within the category. I do not know if you have in program to add such feature but it will be great for me :) thanks

1,752 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  46 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. some news sites don't accept "foreign" query strings. Please remove utm_source=feedly

Now, when opening a news link, Feedly seems always append utmsource=feedly to the URL. Some news web sites reject this and I must always remove it from the URL in order to open the page. What is "utmsource=feedly" used for? Is there any settings in Feedly that remove it?

317 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Arthur responded

If the problem is still occurring can you please send us an email at care@feedly.com with the feeds for which that happens and a short description of what happens.
    Thank you.

3. Remove duplicates

The ability to clean up or avoid add duplicate feeds.

298 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add facebook and twitter feeds to the app

add facebook and twitter as options for feeds (much like google reader is now) that appear on the left in the app and also in your main feed

277 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Material design for Android app?

I'm not saying the current design is bad (it's part of the reason why I'm still using it) but I would like to see the Material Design elements implemented in things like the ripple effect when selecting something on the sidebar.

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it optional to display no or all read articles once all have been read

I see in here that many people have asked for no articles to be displayed once they've all been marked read, but I rather enjoyed it beforehand -- if I wanted to reread a post or marked something read accidentally, I could just refresh that feed and bam! All the articles there for my perusal once more.

As such, can we please make it an option to return that functionality? Cause right now, it's suddenly become an obnoxious hassle for me to both a) keep my feeds organized and b) reread older content.

217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Night Mode for the Browser Version

I would love to have the existing "night mode" from the mobile version in the browser on my desktop pc. Or at least an option to darken the backgrounnd. This is btw. the only missing thing, that holds me back from buying the feedly pro version ;-)

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I cannot seem to subscribe to RSS feeds from craigslist. It has worked on occasion, but now usually and not currently.

I cannot seem to subscribe to RSS feeds from craigslist. It has worked on occasion, but now usually and not currently.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    88 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add RSS but Suddenly Log me out..

Hi,

When I try to add a rss into my feedly, it suddenly logged out.
    I have tried on both web and app and don't know what happens..

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, can you please send us the RSS you’re trying to add to your Feedly that logs you out? Can you also make sure you’re running the latest version of Feedly app by logging out, clearing your cache and logging back in?
    We’re at care@feedly.com

11. I can't select List View on Android???

I've been using feedly for quite a long time on PC and my phone (iPhone). I just picked up an Android tablet and was looking forward to using feedly on it as well, but I've hit a bit of a snag:

I can't select List View for my feeds.

I can select it for the default view in the settings, but for individual feeds and categories (some of which I already set to other things while trying to find the right view), all that tapping the button for List View does is close the three dot setting menu.

I've tried…

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  9 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Twitter feeds as customizable as other content

Twitter integration is great, but I'd love to see the current widget expanded to function like any other piece of Feedly content.

I want to be able to change the layout -- grids and cards are awesome. I want to be able to filter and mark as read.

I want to be able to use Twitter as a content source just like anything else on Feedly.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. put scrollbar back in article view in Android app

The big Android update send to have removed the scrollbar, making it impossible to see how much more article is left. Please put it back!

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. eliminate expressly Neo-Nazi websites from "related stories"

I currently have a New York Times article up on feedly, and the "related story" suggestion is from the Daily Stormer, a Neo-Nazi website. Feedly should not be promoting hate, particularly to those who aren't looking for it. I'm not asking for censorship, but there is a narrow set of hate groups that a responsible service should not promote.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. read twitter posts in feedly!!!

Allow us to read twitter posts in feedly. It sounds as though twitter has changed things up, so this feature no longer works... but it's up to feedly to figure the problem out and get this working again. It would be great if they could!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back the explore page

Where did the explore page go? I used it to find new feeds. Bring it back!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. You’re making a “snapchat” level mistake

Prior to yesterday’s update, a page of unread items were marked as read once that page was dismissed. That behavior is now gone, even in the classic version. I scan 100’s of articles a day whenever a have a moment or two. My reader MUST support appropriate incremental marking of articles as read in order to support my use case. As of this update it does not - and neither does the Feedly Classic app.

You are about to lose a large portion of your audience if you don’t bring back this behavior immediately - as in days.

Feedly got…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,would you try enabling mark as read on scroll and long pressing on articles to select form Mark as Read above/below? That would put you close to the previous behavior. We don’t have pages concept in the new app so we don’t know how to mark to mark a current page as read anymore.
    If that is a big change for you, there is Feedly Classic app still available.

20. Implement Twitter feed viewing similar to Flipboard

The way Flipboard has implemented Twitter is that it grabs the content in the tweet and displays it - so rather than a user having to click a link to read an article or view an image, it simply gets the article content or image and displays it, with any text of the tweet acting as a caption.
    It would be great if I could integrate my Twitter account into Feedly the same way, and have full images or articles displayed alongside my RSS images and articles.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base