Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 24,486 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    446 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search within my feedly

Ability to search for articles within my feeds, categories and just from all my feedly

17,572 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    949 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
    We’ve recently launched a major new version of feedly Search.
    It is 10x faster, empowers you to search your entire feedly history without limitations and supports filters and operators. Also for the first time, you can search beyond your feedly and discover new interesting content.

For a quick tour of the new Search, we made a video demo: https://feedly.com/index.html#pro/search
    Try it out: http://feedly.com/index.html#search/interstellar/title/engagement.high/video/topic/global.popular

Search is part of feedly Pro.
    Non-pro users can use all the operators and features and get access to the first search results.

Don’t hesitate to try it out give us your feedback.
    Best,
    -Remi

3. Filters to hide or highlight items – based on keywords and phrases

For example: I want to hide all items containing the word "pope". Now I just need to create a filter and all items with the word "pope" in headline and/or content will be hidden from my news stream. Same for highlighting certain words or phrases.

6,809 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  286 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6,020 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    364 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support https connection

Because similar services are blocked in China

4,564 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OPML Export

This one's pretty simple. Our data is our data, and I don't want it trapped in Feedly. Up until now this wasn't a problem, since we could sync with google reader and export from there, but now that Google Reader is shutting down we need a formal, user friendly options to export our feed data in multiple formats.

3,469 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Arthur responded

We just added OPML export to feedly. To do so please visit: http://cloud.feedly.com/#opml
    Cut and paste the content of this file into a local file and name it feedly.opml.
    That way you will have all your feeds on your computer.

7. Use the full width of my screen to display more content

Currently, feedly looks great, but it is only using 1239 pixels (horizontally) of my 1920 pixel wide display (1903 when you take away the scroll bar). That's almost 35% completely un-used space that could give me a better experience.

Specifically: I like to see the small excerpt from an item next to the title. I've just moved from Google Reader, where I was able to see much more of these excerpts.

For comparison, here's a one-above-the-other image showing how Google Reader compares to feedly:

http://i.imgur.com/Mn8wzlr.png

3,234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Full width display was implemented with v14.0.477 of feedly on desktop (along with a few other features).

You can view the full change log in our blog post: http://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/08/14-0-477-a-new-version-of-feedly-desktop-focusing-performance-and-quality/

Thanks to the community and everyone who upvoted this suggestion. We continue to listen to your input and requests, so don’t hesitate to vote on other suggestions.

8. Add opportunity to delete tags

Ones added you can't delete it even if there's no articles tagged with it.

3,100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    213 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Feedly have smooth scrolling instead of page by page scrolling. It makes quickly scanning through articles more natural.

Make Feedly have smooth scrolling instead of page by page scrolling. It makes quickly scanning through articles more natural. The two current scrolling methods seem choppy.

2,988 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    101 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. let me hide read articles.

Once an article is marked read, hide it by default. When I go into a category I see lots of articles that are old...if there are no new articles I want to see nothing.

2,960 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add a stats area

where you can see the number of read articles, the most frequently updated feeds, etc. (like "trends" in Google Reader)

2,299 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2,216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The option to hide categories with no updates was implemented with feedly 14.0.481.

To turn it on, go to left navigation bar > preferences link and select the hide option.

See details regarding this release (also including a new iteration of feedly mini and pinterest integration) on the Building Feedly blog: ihttp://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/15/listening-and-improving-the-experience-14-0-481-is-out/

Thank you for your suggestion!
    Don’t hesitate to submit other feature requests on UserVoice.

13. "Undo" for "mark all as read"

Click on the number of unread articles to "mark all as read" as a great shortcut. However, it'll be even better if a undo is possible.

2,179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    60 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone, Undo for Mark All As Read is now fully implemented in the web app of feedly.
    Whenever you’ll Mark any category or article as read, you’ll see a little box in the bottom right position where you can Undo this operation.

14. Feedly Channel in IFTTT

With the announcement of Google Reader retirement, you would gain great market share if you created a Channel in IFTTT to replace what was once possible with the Google Reader Channel. All the current Google Reader Channel subscribers would switch to your product.

2,050 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Arthur responded

We are super thrilled to let you know that the feedly channel for IFTTT is finally there!

Please visit https://ifttt.com/feedly and use one of the recipes there or create your own!

15. Pocket integration

Better integrate with Pocket over feedly mobile and feedly desktop.

1,951 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    91 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Direct integration with Pocket is a feedly Pro feature (along with Evernote, Readability OneNote, and more saving options to come).

for more info, see https://feedly.com/i/pro

for troubleshooting (if you get a 401 error or if there are any sync issues between your feedly and Pocket):
    a) try disconnecting Pocket from feedly (via http://feedly.com/i/preferences) and reconnecting by saving an article
    b) reset the connection by removing access to feedly in Pocket (via https://getpocket.com/connected_applications)

-Remi

16. Option to allow manual sorting (non alphabetical) order of Categories

Currently, categories are sorting alphabetically. It'll be great to allow custom order of categories. Some categories are more important than others.

1,925 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keyboard Shortcuts like Google Reader

One of the core reasons why I have been using Google Reader is the list of shortcuts it has. I find some of these missing in Feedly. I would be happy to have you built similar shortcuts like Google Reader.

Some of the shortcuts which I use and I feel are missing are:
    1) Option to select a particular RSS feed. Google reader has this by specifiying key G followed by T. It goes to a particular tag.
    2) Option to make the Views as Titles for all the feeds. Currently I have to do this manually visiting each feed. …

1,880 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  112 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in…

1,846 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    172 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better Evernote sharing option.

Add ability to share articles to Evernote from feedly desktop and feedly mobile including the following features:
    - Select a notebook
    - Add tags
    - Add a comment

1,691 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    95 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that this feature request , along with other improvements on the Evernote integration (saving on mobile, business notebook support, full article clipping, and more) was implemented as part of the latest feedly update (v20 on mobile) and is available as part of feedly Pro.

Take a full tour of the new feedly + Evernote integration on the blog: http://blog.feedly.com/2014/04/29/evernote-feedly-mobile/

Thanks again for providing feedback and upvoting this feature request in UserVoice.
    Don’t hesitate to continue to give us feedback via this channel.

Best,
    -Remi

20. Build a 'compact' view in the Android version too (like the 'Titles' view in the on-line version).

The most compact view in the Android app is not compact enough and it shows images on the left side of each title as well as a few lines of extra text. A concise view with no image and no extra text (only the title of each article) would be very desirable (a view similar to the one that's called 'Titles' in the online version).

1,640 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

New Title View implemented in v14 – both on desktop and mobile.

As with any view, you can apply Title View to specific categories, or set it up as default:
    a) on desktop:
    “prefs” > “Default View” > select the first option “Titles only (Google Reader)”
    This will apply the default Title view to all your categories, including “All” and all of your categories, the only exception being “Today”, which keeps the Magazine layout.
    b) on mobile:
    “Advanced Settings” > “Default view” > pick “List view”.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base