I suggest you ...

Low cost subscription version.

I can't be alone in having switched to Feedly after Google Reader shut down - and whilst all the new subscriber features are lovely, I've really no need for them.
I want to show my appreciation for what the Feedly Team have done, but I'm too cheap to pay for the full subscription - or more honestly, the free version does everything I want.
Any chance of maybe offering a $10 a year "supporter" option. Don't want anything over free, but maybe an icon in the corner to show I'm paying you at least something?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Halliday shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Hello James, we don’t consider a lower subscription for now as Feedly Pro is funding the team and the infrastructure to keep Feedly running in the long term.
    Thank you for understanding.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • - commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree with this suggestion more. $60ish annually is to my mind way off the mark. I happily subscribe to many services, and glad to pay a reasonable amount. By comparison to what I pay for others, I'd put it around $5 or so annually - frankly I wouldn't pay an extra cent for any of the premium features bar one. My guess is you would earn far more income from having more subscribers at a lower price point.

As it is, I'll keep using the free version, thanks, and occasionally looking around for alternatives in case one day the features become too restrictive or it disappears and I need a change quickly

• Jason Cheatham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this would be a great option. I'd be happy to pay a couple of dollars a month to support Feedly and remove ads and the glaring "Upgrade" button. I have no need for all the advanced Pro features, I just need a clean UI and basic feed synchronization.

Feedback and Knowledge Base