I suggest you ...

Keep the view where I can get to my pages with one click

The new view that showed up recently lacks the link to open the article in a new tab. I have to click on the title and then click again to open the web page. I found in preferences the old view, but I sure hope this isn't a sign that you are going to eliminate the old view. I don't care about tweeting it, emailing it, etc (especially before I've read it). I want to read it and want to access it with one click, not two.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AMZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I just updated to android from blackberry and downloaded the app, and I can't get anything approaching the old view in the app. is there something Im missing? I want a list of feeds, by name of the feed, not name of the update, with a number telling me how many items in that feed, that I can tap on the feed to open up the items. Am I blind? I just cant find that.

• Rob Riegert commented  · 

Can anone elaborate on how to turn this on in the iOS app? I reviewed the Settings there, but I don't see anything along these lines. To clarify, as I roll over a list of articles in the title-only view, I'm hoping to be have a "tool" to click that will open that article in a new browser tab and mark the article as read. Thanks!

• Anthony Plummer commented  · 

If what you want to do is set a feed to always open the web page on open, you can install the Feedly app (at least on Android) and set the option there. I agree though there should be an option in the web UI to set this.

• Jonathan Smith commented  · 

I use command+click on the title from the "Title only view" using Chrome on Mac without first expanding the story and it opens the story in a new tab.

• Fred Wright commented  · 

I don't see that behavior here, at least by command-click in the list view. If by "on the main story" you mean after expanding the item, then that's not very different from the "visit website" link that's always been there. What's disappeared is the gadget that allows going directly from the unexpanded title to the external article view.

It's extremely unlikely that control-click would have this effect on any platform, since that's the universal mapping for right-click.

• Jonathan Smith commented  · 

If I command + click on the main story (on Mac, probably control + click on Windows), it opens the story in a new tab. I'm not sure if this is new behavior or I just never tried it before, but for me it works in place of the link I used in the old view.

I was unsuccessful in finding any way to restore the old view or the old behavior. Also, the feature where the unread view turned into the all-article view in the absence of unread articles disappeared as well.

My solution to both problems was to abandon Feedly for Inoreader.

Looks like the option to go back to the old view is gone. I don't see that this issue was addressed. If anyone knows how to open an article from the list with one click, please let us know. Thanks.

If you're looking for the setting to go back to the "old view", from the left nav, go to the bottom and click More > Preferences > General > Rendering Engine > Old Miro-based rendering engine (deprecated)

+3. In fact, I've often wished that there were a preferences option to swap the roles of the button with the title, so that what I always do would be a large target and what I never do would be a small target, rather than vice-versa.

BTW, the new view requires *three* clicks (not two) instead of one to read the article, with the third being to collapse the expanded view to get back to seeing just titles.

• Eric Dalquist commented  · 

Please keep the direct open button! I've reverted to the old rendering engine but if it goes away for good I'll be finding a new feed reader.

Feedback and Knowledge Base