I suggest you ...

"Save to Board" Safari Extension asks for Login then doesn't save

I installed the "Save to Board" extension for the Safari browser and it isn't working properly.

Whenever I click the "Save to Board" button, I am given a message box that says "You need to login to Feedly before being able to add stories to your boards." I then click the "Login" button and am taken to a new page that says "Sign in to personalize your feedly and access it from everywhere." I then sign in via Google or Feedly (I've tried both ways) and am taken to the Feedly URL https://feedly.com/i/my where I am given no option to save my article. Then the next time I try to use the "Save to Board" extension to save a different article, I am asked to login once again and the entire process repeats itself.

I am using the latest version of Safari on the latest version of macOS Sierra.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tim Saccardo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Saccardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GOOD NEWS: The new extension update allows me to save pages to boards, including Read Later!

BAD NEWS: I am not able to save pages to Read Later unless I first create another board. The only board I ever use is Read Later, so I had to create a fake board that I will never use in order to have the option to save pages to Read Later.

FIX REQUEST: Please update this extension so that I will be able to save pages to Read Later without having to first create a fake board that I don't want and won't use.

Thanks for your continued help, Petr!

• Tim Saccardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Petr. Has there been any progress on fixing this problem? Is there anything I can do on my end?

Feedback and Knowledge Base