I suggest you ...

Allow following new feeds without forcing "upgrade to pro"

When I try to add a new feed and press "Follow" I am taken to an upgrade page. That shouldn't be necessary as I do not have 100 feeds yet and really enjoy the free version. Is this a bug or did you move the treshold before forcing upgrade? The upgrade page gives no explanation, but my feed isn't added.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Simon KibsgårdSimon Kibsgård shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PetrAdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) commented  · 

If you're trying to add a feed which is not Google Alert or Google News/Keyword Alert - please let us know which one it is exactly, we'll have a look on that.

• EthanEthan commented  · 

Same for me. They're not google alerts or news. It does it every single time you try to add any new feed, and the only solution seems to be retrying over and over again until it finally lets you through. (usually upwards of five times)

Your Ads are obtrusive enough that they actually prevent me from using your product.
        Stop it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Indeed why not actually tell existing users you´re going to do this instead of just redirecting the whole time to an upgrade page, so existing users like me can go off and find an aggregator that does do what we want it to

• JulJul commented  · 

Dear Petr,

It would have been great to specify it. There's nothing about that in the description of the free version.
        So basically, if I can't add searches from Google, or specific searches on specific websites (cause I've got the same issue when I try to add a keyword search in a website), then what is Feedly made for?

The free version seem unusable, every feed I try to add takes me to the upgrade page.

Too bad.

• Simon KibsgårdSimon Kibsgård commented  · 

Nope it wasn't. It appears it was a bug, because now the same thing works.

Feedback and Knowledge Base