I suggest you ...

Bring back "Full Article View"

I used the full article view most of my time on pc, but I see that now it's gone everywhere except from the list of "All" articles.

I found it extremely easy to use, it gave a more direct reading experience instead of clicking article by article to see if you're interested on it

Please bring it back

383 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarcoRMarcoR shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jpmctjpmct commented  · 

I returned from a trip to find my Feedly acting very strangely. When I close an article, I go back to the list briefly and then the article I closed becomes full page and cannot be closed.

WTF????

I tried moving to Article view...but that just locks up the whole program and I have to restart.

This is not going to work for me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thanks a lot! Full View = Article View!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thank you! I'm very happy you listened.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Article view is back for me. Thank you

• Jeff RivettJeff Rivett commented  · 

Weirdly, Full Article View stopped working yesterday, then started working again today. Wat.

• Scott MeyerScott Meyer commented  · 

Also, the comments below suggest this change took place in March or June, but I only experienced the new, degraded, miserable view starting today.

Feedly friends - any alternatives you can recommend?

This change is horrible and renders feedly useless to me. I want to read and scroll through full articles. I do not want to click back and forth through cards or tabs or lists or any other inefficient navigation barriers. Why add steps and reduce functionality and ease of use? Truly awful and completely mindboggling.

Sometime recently all the articles in my feed are being truncated. Instead of scrolling through my feed and reading entire articles (or as entire as the RSS publication by the author), the articles cut off abruptly. I have to click through each article to read it in full. This is a massive reduction in utility. Please restore full articles. No one wants to click repeatedly when scrolling is possible.

• FruvousFruvous commented  · 

Whoa, I was able to live the with removal of the full view as long as my feeds were grandfathered. Today I go in and they're all gone. I hope you bring this back very soon since that is my preferred view.

• Bruce AndersonBruce Anderson commented  · 

I had been using Feedly since Google Reader shut down. And it was great having some of the article available to me. It was just taken away from me. The new format sucks!!!!!!!!

• RemcoRemco commented  · 

Please bring back this feature. It really helps out with marking off items that I do not want to open. now I have to open each and every item to get it of the list. This is not how it is supposed to work.

Back to a good old rss reader. This is complete crap. I cannot understand that you have a perfectly fine function and then you mess it up. All the other layouts are crap.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Im amazed admin doesnt inform us if they plan to bring this feature back or not.
        I suspect real reason for removing full articles view is to gather information about what users actually read (open in preview and later open on website of origin)... and possibly sell it later to third parties.

• Jeff RivettJeff Rivett commented  · 

Wow. The 'full articles' view was the main reason I used Feedly. Now I'm once again looking for a new feed reader. I'm amazed that you would toss the one feature that made Feedly the go-to choice for Google Reader refugees like me.

Also: in an effort to find the full articles view, I switched back to the old renderer. Now I can't find a way to switch back.

What a mess.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This new change is horrible. You have taken a useful product and ruined it. Please, at least give the option to use the old (much, much better) interface

• Addison ScottAddison Scott commented  · 

Please bring this back! Full Article view was unique among the views offered in that it allowed for a more natural reading experience, required less work from the user, and allowed for articles to be automatically marked as read by scrolling through the feed.

Based on Petr's response posted above from March 9, 2017, if maintaining another view is more than the small Feedly team can handle during upgrades to the rendering engine, then I would suggest eliminating either the "Magazine" or "Cards" view during these times since they are so similar and don't offer unique functionality when compared with one another.

Full Article view was available for me yesterday (August 2, 2017) and now it's gone. Please bring it back!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I thought it was just a bug for me but apparently not. Please bring it back as I now have to click through to read every item in the feed rather than just scrolling.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Pleeeeeeeeease bring this back, now that you've got rid of it entirely my feed is an absolute pain to use. I wish I''d chosen another reader.

• CALCAL commented  · 

Serious bummer that this feature was removed- without this feature there is absolutely no reason to continue to use Feedly. This is a terrible decision made by a team that clearly has no idea how users interact with their product.

• DavidDavid commented  · 

Please bring this back! I accidentally switched my view and can't get back to the full article view I love! I became a pro user because I wanted to support Feedly as it was my favorite way to follow the things I cared about and I wanted to support the team. Without being able to switch back to the Full Article view I haven’t been using Feedly nearly as much as I just get frustrated when I try to use those other views. I want to keep using Feedly and to continue being a Pro user so I really hope this gets fixed quickly. Feedly is a great tool and I truly thank you for all the hard work the team has put into making it what it is! I look forward to having the Full Article View back and being a Feedly user for years to come.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base