I suggest you ...

Bring back "Full Article View"

I used the full article view most of my time on pc, but I see that now it's gone everywhere except from the list of "All" articles.

I found it extremely easy to use, it gave a more direct reading experience instead of clicking article by article to see if you're interested on it

Please bring it back

299 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarcoRMarcoR shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  PetrAdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Hello, we’re sorry about how this change impacts your workflow and the associated frustration. We are a small team and it is very hard for us to maintain multiple versions of the UI as we add new features.

We did this during the first 6 months while moving from the old rendering engine to the new one to help users transition. We are going to focus now instead on trying to integrate all the missing features like the Full Article View to the roadmap to continue to bridge the gap in the new engine.

In other words, we are looking into ways how to add this back. Thank you for understanding.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew LockMatthew Lock commented  · 

If you are a customer focused organisation you would drop everything to fix this. Look how many votes it has.

• Mike McCallisterMike McCallister commented  · 

I use only the full article view. None of the other views are of any use to me.

What's worse is that full article view was working just fine right now until I accidentally clicked to one of the other views, and now I can't get back.

This will absolutely diminish the value I find in Feedly until it is fixed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Does anyone who still has a problem with this?

I want to set the full article view again.

I clicked the button magazine by mistake.

• Michael BäckMichael Bäck commented  · 

Also not checking anywhere near as frequent as I used to. This needs to be fixed, at least give us an ETA!

• penny gpenny g commented  · 

Agree with Noah about losing customers. I used to check my feed every day. Until the other day, I hadn't looked at it in months. I don't want to waste my time clicking through headlines and then on websites to see if I'm interested in the post or not. It's not the service I signed up for, and it's not what Feedly claimed it would be when Google dropped their feed service and convinced me this would be an adequate replacement.

• NoahNoah commented  · 

Is there a time frame to bring this back? You are losing customers left and right because of this. You last provided an update in March and we now are in June.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would really like the full article view back too! I'm not reading any of my new sources as I'm finding the new view too clunky and painful. Love you tho x

• 夏百駿夏百駿 commented  · 

I'm searching for anyway to switch back to "Full Article View", that's when I find this place.
        We really need this.

I use Full Article view for information I cares. And Title Only view for news.

• TimTim commented  · 

If it won't come back, I'll have to switch to something else.

Any ideas?

• Penny HoulePenny Houle commented  · 

Agree with everyone else. I've almost stopped using Feedly when I used to use it every day. It's just too much trouble to click through to the articles or browse thumbnails and guess which ones I want to read from a little picture. That's not why I subscribed to a reader service.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I absolutely agree to most of the other comments here. Not having a full article view is a killer to use feedly. This really should be your very top prio feature to work on!

• bleakhandbleakhand commented  · 

This should be the very top priority of your task, nothing more important than this. Missing the feature is quite enough to drive me to other feed readers.

Not sure what's on your roadmap, trust me, all of them other than this one are meaningless.

• BenjaminBenjamin commented  · 

Adding my voice to the choir. Without Full View, Feedly becomes mostly unusable.

I have to click through every single post rather than being able to scroll through and catch up quickly with each blog. An easier flow than using Feedly now would be to just have a text list of all of the blogs I read and go through one by one to read their latest posts, on the actual blog.

I use Feedly to streamline that process. Without that feature it becomes a vastly different platform.

• Michael BäckMichael Bäck commented  · 

This really is the worst change in feedly since... ever... PLEASE PLEASE revert the changes and implement the new system when it's done!

• ye_djye_dj commented  · 

It just looks like a bug, If it is not a bug, then it must be a trap.
        I can switch from full article mode to other modes, but i can't switch back.

• LauraLaura commented  · 

When I click on an article in my "Latest" list, a quick 'flash' of the article comes up, then closes automatically. I can't even click through to the original article. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something related to their change of viewing the full article.

• TorstenTorsten commented  · 

Definately! I sitched back to the old rendering for that option.
        Additionally the n and p shortcuts for navigation through title-view doesn't work anymore.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Bring back full article view, ffs!

• Anonymous commented  · 

So strange that they even don't respond to our problem

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base