I suggest you ...

Bring back "Full Article View"

I used the full article view most of my time on pc, but I see that now it's gone everywhere except from the list of "All" articles.

I found it extremely easy to use, it gave a more direct reading experience instead of clicking article by article to see if you're interested on it

Please bring it back

170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarcoRMarcoR shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  PetrAdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Hello, we’re sorry about how this change impacts your workflow and the associated frustration. We are a small team and it is very hard for us to maintain multiple versions of the UI as we add new features.

We did this during the first 6 months while moving from the old rendering engine to the new one to help users transition. We are going to focus now instead on trying to integrate all the missing features like the Full Article View to the roadmap to continue to bridge the gap in the new engine.

In other words, we are looking into ways how to add this back. Thank you for understanding.

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bleakhandbleakhand commented  · 

This should be the very top priority of your task, nothing more important than this. Missing the feature is quite enough to drive me to other feed readers.

Not sure what's on your roadmap, trust me, all of them other than this one are meaningless.

• BenjaminBenjamin commented  · 

Adding my voice to the choir. Without Full View, Feedly becomes mostly unusable.

I have to click through every single post rather than being able to scroll through and catch up quickly with each blog. An easier flow than using Feedly now would be to just have a text list of all of the blogs I read and go through one by one to read their latest posts, on the actual blog.

I use Feedly to streamline that process. Without that feature it becomes a vastly different platform.

• Michael BäckMichael Bäck commented  · 

This really is the worst change in feedly since... ever... PLEASE PLEASE revert the changes and implement the new system when it's done!

• ye_djye_dj commented  · 

It just looks like a bug, If it is not a bug, then it must be a trap.
        I can switch from full article mode to other modes, but i can't switch back.

• LauraLaura commented  · 

When I click on an article in my "Latest" list, a quick 'flash' of the article comes up, then closes automatically. I can't even click through to the original article. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something related to their change of viewing the full article.

• TorstenTorsten commented  · 

Definately! I sitched back to the old rendering for that option.
        Additionally the n and p shortcuts for navigation through title-view doesn't work anymore.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Bring back full article view, ffs!

• Anonymous commented  · 

So strange that they even don't respond to our problem

• NoahNoah commented  · 

Agree, this makes no sense. Why would this be done? The whole point of a service is to provide a good user experience.

• Anonymous commented  · 

First they took out the Preview feature. Now we can't use the Full Article view... I guess they want for us to stop using Feedly.

I'm just about fed up with this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I don't understand the logic in this change. What's the point of a feed reader in which you cannot easily read the content. It's bizarre.

I surely can't be an outlier who has a feed reader specifically so that I can quickly skim items from 100+ feeds without clicking on every one.

• Anonymous commented  · 

same reason too, please bring the full article view back

• Anonymous commented  · 

dear customer support. can you please comment, how you want to procceed with the "full article view" issue?

• LucasLucas commented  · 

I'm here for the same reason.
        The removal of the "full article view" is just BIZARRE. Hope it's just a temporary bug.

• NoahNoah commented  · 

Agreed! Why did this change?

• hobbshobbs commented  · 

I just noticed that this option is missing for some feeds but not others. Certain feeds have the interface I'm used to, and others have what I guess should be described as a "new" interface that does not have a full-article view option. Feedly is basically unusable for me without the option to see full articles, so I'ma need that back.

"Old" Feedly: http://imgur.com/dACOZHG
        "New" Feedly: http://imgur.com/x2idHnf

Those images are from the same session, just clicking between feeds.

Feedback and Knowledge Base