I suggest you ...

give the option to turn off AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)

Please give an option to turn off AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages). I would prefer to always see the full version of the websites I'm viewing. AMP changes formatting, photo sizes, visibility of comments etc.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    conrad shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • King Jello commented  · 

if there is a way to do this, I haven't found it. It's the end of 2017, and amp pages are rendering my pages unusable. I need to turn this off, or I have to look for a different RSS feed. I love Feedly, but if my pages are rendered unusable by amp, it defeats the purpose.

Any help would be appreciated.

• conrad commented  · 

So any chance of this happening? Six months later and seemingly no progress. My next step is finding an alternative to Feedly.

• Stephen Gordon commented  · 

I regret that I have but three votes to give to this suggestion.

• Maxime L commented  · 

Please allow me to disable amp. I now need to load two pages to see the full articles and comments. I understand it could be useful for some people in rural area, but my phone have a better internet access than my home computer. I think it can handle loading real, complete pages.

• Anonymous commented  · 

amp is deleting content, rendering news items useless.
        i need an option to disable AMP, otherwise i can't even use feedly.
        please add this option!

• Colin Cohen commented  · 

This is getting worse. Not only does AMP effectively duplicate what Feedly does, but now it is giving 'Page not found' on the BBC site so I have to copy the first line from Feedly and paste it into google to find the page if I really need it

• Reece commented  · 

Hi,

I request this too!

The idea of a news reader is to condense the news and strip out the crap, which is awesome.

If we then click to open the article webpage, it makes no sense to send us to another stripped down version of the site, only to find we need to reload without 'AMP' to see the whole thing!

Feedback and Knowledge Base