I suggest you ...

Make it optional to display no or all read articles once all have been read

I see in here that many people have asked for no articles to be displayed once they've all been marked read, but I rather enjoyed it beforehand -- if I wanted to reread a post or marked something read accidentally, I could just refresh that feed and bam! All the articles there for my perusal once more.

As such, can we please make it an option to return that functionality? Cause right now, it's suddenly become an obnoxious hassle for me to both a) keep my feeds organized and b) reread older content.

217 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • wroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess now with the SEE ALL ARTICLES button it is possible to go back to all read articles. Btw, i prefer an empty view, when no unread articles are there.

• Pascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I am new to this. It sounds like the Topic is the right one to ask my question. If I am in a feed and cleared all the articles by clicking the X, why is it that If I now click on a another feed and then again on the feed where I just cleared all articles that there are more articles? I just went through them.

• Igor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update Petr, not the same as it was, but that is good, this new way is better as it's clearer for all.

It's fantastic to have this feature back.

• Amir Emami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Igor
        Thank you so much man! Helped me a lot.

So with this new design, I have to uncheck it for about 100 feeds I have!

I suggest them to revert it same as before :/

Amir Emami, you need to click on the 3 dots in the upper right, then Check/Uncheck the option to view read items - https://i.imgur.com/4dKZuSH.png

The Old Reader has similar, but they do it better as this option isn't hidden.
        The best way is the way it was, it worked perfectly, this is just annoying.

• Amir Emami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I noticed a new feature in feedly. No offence, but it's extremely silly, it seems the designer implemented this, never worked with a RSS reader.

I marked as read accidentally one of my feeds, then I opened the feed again to read the items. Instead of items I got "Cup illustration" and "Well done phrase" !

https://i.imgur.com/rWOkntJ.png

Please someone tell me how on earth I can read the previous items in a feed? If we can't then the feedly team should change that phrase with this one: "Houston We Have A Problem!"

• Ryan Large commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 duplicate suggestions and I'm giving each of them 3 votes. New function is just silly.

Yes please, this needs to go back to the way it was, perhaps with an option if people actually like the new functionality. This is first thing I can remember about feedly that's bugged me enough to cause me to need to come find a solution here.

Yes please, this needs to go back to the way it was, perhaps with an option if people actually like the new functionality. This is first thing I can remember about feedly that's bugged me enough to cause me to need to come find a solution here.

• Gabe de Matos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feedly now added a button "Find more content" when there are no unread posts, and removed the need to refresh after checking/unckecking the "Unread only" filter (of course, I found out using it, because there's no changelog).

I, personally, don't think it's enough to supply for the need of the previous, perfect, behavior that did not had to be messed up. But OK.

If the change can't be reverted, AT LEAST, add a button or link to "show all", and instead of the 1 click ("back"), it's going to be two clicks ("back" and "show all"), which is way better then the six clicks (refreshing) or four clicks (how it is now).

Thanks, this change has being driving me insane. It was far superior in the past. You could read just the unread, and clearly see just unread, and if you wanted past items, click on it again once read, and all prior ones showed. It was nice, and kept them seperate. Now it is all or unread only, which I can't follow the logic on.

Please bring back the old style, or at least give us a setting option (site wide, not just per feed) to have it on the original style we have been able to enjoy for years.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you closed this item & I feel very strongly about it, I am adding it as a new one.

Previously if one clicked directly on a feed name and there were no unread items, the list of read items would be displayed. This has been changed recently and now to see read items, you need to change an option in the feed settings.

This makes it much more difficult to find an article you read yesterday or if you clicked "Mark as Read" by mistake and want to go back.

The previously offered solution of 'uncheck "Unread Only"' is not a viable solution to the issue.

This is not a solution to the issue at hand. With the "Unread only" off now, when I go to a feed, the unread are intermingled in the read items often 2-3 scrolls down.

What we want is:

1 - if there are unread...it ONLY shows the unread
        2 - if there are no unread...it shows all.

• Marika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was simpler way to temporarily show the old articles without changing the setting back and forth. I often want to re-read some article that I'd marked read few days ago and previously it only required one click and some scrolling.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base