I suggest you ...

Fix Adobe advertising block so it doesn't scroll with titles.

With free version show Adobe title. But remove Adobe advertising overlay on top of titles. (See attached.)

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • petey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. And two reasons make it even worse:
        1) The ads are buried in the middle of the feed results (not the first or last)
        2) If you do accidentally click it, it still appears as an unread article

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you start adding things I did not subscribe to, what’s the point of a reader? I know you are trying to monetize, but this has caused me to look for other reader solutions.

• Fernando Colina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd prefer it if you forgot all about this. But at the bare minimum please make these sponsored links so that they can be marked as read. Otherwise, I think I think I'll start looking for alternatives.

• Mario C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every single feed that I scroll has adobe ad in the firsts 5 news!? seriously?! I think that after 2, 3 times that I saw it (like a fake news style!) it will instantly make me hate adobe and feedly and already looking for alternative :(

• Mario C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every single feed that I scroll has adobe ad in the firsts 5 news!? seriously?! I think that after 2, 3 times that I saw it (like a fake news style!) it will instantly make me hate adobe and feedly and already looking for alternative :(

• DB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this app has been ruined with those inline adverts. are they really staying for free users?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

because you only hurt the brand of your sponsor this way. Hiding ads in the content is okay to reduce ad blindness. But what you are doing with the Adobe ad will only annoy your users. After seeing "Make it with Adobe Stock" a hundred times, the last thing I will do is considering buying an Adobe product.

• Philip King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. Quite happy for Feedly to show adverts for non-Pro, but the way this advert is formatted is very annoying and makes it impossible to actually see my feed. Did anyone actually test this...?

• Charles Easterly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - I don't mind ads with the free version of feedly, but this intrusive nature makes it very annoying, and prevents me from seeing my content.

• Jeff Bloch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for posting this! Extremely annoying, hope they fix it soon.

Another workaround is to repeatedly click on the feed title from the pinned left-hand nav bar, and eventually it will load with a "Slack: where work happens" ad that's properly formatted for List View. Far from ideal, but it's what I'm doing until they fix.

• Gavin Buchan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Magazine view puts the ad inline like a normal story without splashing the image over the entire feed. List view is currently unusable.

• Valery D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for a solution to the problem: Flipboard, uBlock ... what else?

• Gavin Buchan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, bad way to implement an Ad. Sponsored blocks I have no problem with on a free feed, dumping giant ad images over the top of the articles is too far. Please remove or I'll be moving to Flipboard, thx

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Would prefer not having to use adblock to solve it...

• george commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm coming across ads, not on publication websites, but in my Feedly results masquerading as news articles. The latest was a mattress ad pretending to be a news article from NYC's The Gothamist. There are far too many news readers out there for me to want to have to sift through that noise. Please don't let this become a thing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base