I suggest you ...

After update I can't read any articles

Last night, overnight, my iPhone 5 downloaded the latest version of feedly. Now when I click on an article, the article gets marked as read but I can't actually read the article! No text comes up. I tried closing and reopening the app - didn't fix it. I tried rebooting my phone - didn't fix it. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it - didn't fix it. What's going on here? This problem completely breaks the app.

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jonathon Lynch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mariano Belmonte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem on my iphone 4S (running ios 9.3.5). Are you planning to fix it, or the app will works only on newer iphone? Please, let us know...

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely device age related. This update killed it on my iPad 3 but it works fine on my newer iPhone works with this update

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same. Since the Dec 7 update the app isn't working on my iPad, but it works fine on my iPhone. Articles won't load, so I can just see headlines. When I open the menu, it says "error: invalidcharactererror -- invalidcharactererror: DCOM Exception 5"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can no longer read any stories in the app. Tapping a story marks it as read instead of taking me to the story which is sort of the point of the app!

• Ulrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Problem with my iPad3, iOS 9.3.5
    Since Feedly 40.0.1
    DOM 5 Error

• lozza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iPad mini - same Error DOM 5
    iOS 9.0.2
    Might the 40.0.1 update

• Linda Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the 7 December update the app no longer works on my iPad 2. I cannot open any items and get an error message in the drop down left hand menu - InvalidCharacterError DOM Exception 5. Could you look into this please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an iPhone 5c, and I suspect that the most recent update is the cause of a pretty big bug. I can no longer open articles—I can only see the preview card. When I click on them, nothing happens. Help!

Feedback and Knowledge Base