I suggest you ...

Bring back automatic advance to the next category

Up until this morning, feedly automatically advanced to the next category when I had marked all the items in one category 'read.' Suddenly this nice feature has gone away. Can we have it back, please? Or can you tell me how to re-enable it?

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pat Bowne shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Hello, we’re very sorry for this regression, we’ve already fixed it and pushed a new build out. If you still experience this, please log out and log back into your Feedly. Thank you.

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Thank you for listening and fixing so quickly!

• Chuck Hoover commented  · 

This is broken again as of noon on Sunday!!! Fix it back!

• Pat Bowne commented  · 

Thanks for fixing that so quickly!

• &e commented  · 

That was fast! Looks like it's been fixed.

• Dan Everette commented  · 

Same. Please allow an option to use either "refresh" or "Mark as Read" with auto advance to next category.

• Colin Cassidy commented  · 

please fix this, it means more clicks to do a one click job

• Chris Soots commented  · 

+1 Please bring back the "Mark as Read" with the category advance!

• Bill Gawne commented  · 

Adding my voice to those already asking. Please fix this. It's annoying and significantly degrades the Feedly experience.

• Chuck Hoover commented  · 

Absolutely must be changed back!! This was the one feature for which I kept using Feedly and not some other feed aggregators. Perhaps I'll need to go back and check out the alternatives again.

• Eric commented  · 

Please. This is obnoxious and makes usability pretty bad.

• &e commented  · 

Yes please!! Change it back! Why would this "refresh" even be useful????

• Edie'sDaddy commented  · 

+3 here. This change makes Feedly far less usable. Really hope it'll get switched back.

• Andy commented  · 

Very much this. At least give us an option to turn this on / off.

• Moerman.Nexus commented  · 

Where can I find a change log for Feedly? Surprises like this just ruin the start of my day.

• Ed D commented  · 

Another dissatisfied customer chiming in. My usual workflow is also "Shift+a" to mark as read and advance. I know I can subsequently hit "Shift-j" to advance after marking as read, but why make a change to double the keystrokes?

• Ilia commented  · 

Yep, totally agree with this.
        My regular "workflow" is to scan for interesting articles and if I find nothing, I mark all as read and auto-jump to next feed. Now I have to move to the next one manually - it's not exactly the end of the world, but sure is annoying.

• John Swidorski commented  · 

I didn't even read that is said "refresh". Why would I assume the verbiage changed.

• der golem commented  · 

What puzzles me is who at Feedly thought disabling auto advance was a good thing? And not to provide a way to change it back in the "Mark as Read" settings?

• S K commented  · 

I concur - it changed from "mark read" with advance to next category to "refresh": And the keyboard shortcut shift-A previously "mark read" with advance to next category; now it just marks them as read with NO advance to next category.

Feedback and Knowledge Base