I suggest you ...

Incorporate Sponsored Articles/Ads into the Normal Work-Flow

Having ads with different behaviors and without the ability to mark them as read intermixed with normal articles makes Feedly frustrating to use, and disrupts a user’s work-flow, especially for users who use Feedly to organize a large volume of feeds/articles.

When reviewing and marking articles as read I regularly end up clicking on ads by accident. In the cards view clicking where you
expect a "Mark as Read" button to be opens a new page for that add, completely disrupting work-flow. In other view modes the "X" brings up an unexpected pop-up which again disrupts the work-flow. In all modes clicking an ad opens a new page rather than bringing up a summery window within Feely like other articles do.

Additionally, and more importantly from a business perspective, this generates a negative association with the sponsoring brands/services. It feels very "Spamy" when you open an add on accident, and it's frustrating as a user to see ads not relevant to me, over and over, interfering with my usage of Feedly

If the ads were treated just as the other articles were, moved with them in card-view, opened in a summery view, and were able to be marked as read or marked to read later, they would not disrupt the normal work-flow usage of Feedly, would generate a better experience for the user, avoid negative association, and generate much better leads for the sponsors/advertising-clients.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew R shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback Matthew. Ads drive a revenue stream to continue developing Feedly and improving the experience. We’ll pass the feedback to the team.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base