I suggest you ...

Reddit integration

Being able to follow reddit topics from within feedly.

148 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arthur shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Hello, the issue with the reddit feeds is that we have to throttle the number of refreshes we can do on subreddits’ feeds in order to not get blacklisted. We’re in touch with Reddit, and honestly they are super helpful, but the fact is that because of the configuration of feed fetching on subreddits and the sheer volume of subscribers they see coming from Feedly, we’re having to scale down the amount of polling we can do.
    This is a limitation of the Reddit platform. It would really help if you could contact their support and make sure that they hear your voice too.

We’re hoping to be able to resolve this and make for a better/smoother reading experience of subreddits in Feedly.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin Freedman commented  · 

Using inline-reddit say this subreddit - http://inline-reddit.com/feed/?subreddit=mmt_economics -I can get the feed properly up to date in feedly (where used direcly as I jsut commented, this is wildly out of date. Why cannot feedly do this properly directly? Still within feedly using this feed I cannot scroll from one article to the next as the left and right arrows are missing.

• Benjamin Zheng commented  · 

A lot of the smaller groups on reddits can be incorporated into feedly community. This idea would be interesting and very useful, but it may be difficult to implement depending on the current infrastructures.

• Aron Green commented  · 

I stumbled across this recently - http://inline-reddit.com/ - I feel this is exactly how it should appear in Feedly. I looked at the RSS XML for reddit,and I now understand why things show up like they do - IMO Reddit should fix their RSS to better support readers, but in the meanwhile, maybe an approach that mimics how this site/code is laying out everything would be helpful. I can tell you i've personally changed over some of my reddit feeds to this, and immediately became 100x happier.

• chrisfarms commented  · 

To expand on this....

Obvisouly it is possible to follow subreddits already with RSS, but what you get is just the post title, and then the link takes you to the comments page for the posted link in reddit. What would be nice is if one of the following two things could happen:

Either:

1) Feedly parses [reddit] RSS feeds but creates news snippets/items based on the *target* link... rather than linking to comments page. The snippet/item should still contain a link to the reddit comments page if possible.

OR

2) Complete integration with reddit. Allow me to enter my login details and automatically track all sub-reddits that I am subscribed to.

I think I'd prefer (1) and that would be considerably easier to implement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base