I suggest you ...

Support Full Feed

I subscribed some RSS, which doesn't provide full feed. In Google Reader I need to use some third part addon (Super Full Feeds for Chrome or D7 Google Reader on Android). They use readability mobilizer, instapaper mobilizer or google mobilizer to provide the full feed.

Since opening the web browser to view the content is not nice - slow and I can't focus on the content itself. It would be really nice that Feedly includes this feature.

4,056 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WinstonWinston shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  PetrAdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

We let publishers decide whether to showcase their content via a full feed (ie. full text and multimedia content can be read through a reader app) or a partial feed (ie. only showing limited text, inviting readers to browse full-content directly on their website). The choice is entirely in their hands.

More on our viewpoint on partial feeds: http://feedly.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/234759

91 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rex LorenzoRex Lorenzo commented  · 

I am a Pro user and I would love this feature as well.

• Alex KwokAlex Kwok commented  · 

It would be nice then if you could make it clearer which article feeds will be full feed and which the publisher chose not to make full feed.

• JoaoJoao commented  · 

That's really disgusting. I thought I was paying a subscription for a reason but Feedly is sold to the publishers. Will defo try to switch to other alternatives.

• smbreausmbreau commented  · 

If I could switch to another feed aggregator that had this functionality, I would. If I could get this functionality by paying for Feedly Pro, I would. So as soon as someone offers this, I absolutely will switch.

• raydioaktivmanraydioaktivman commented  · 

This needs to happen yesterday. I've been using Feedly for a while now , and I was ready to switch to pro if it supported full feeds in the iOS app as the is where I do all of my news reading.

It looks like I'll have to put a hold on becoming a paid subscriber. Let me know when you realize that Things go better if you make your customer happy.

Trust me, some sites may not like it, but they'll be replaced by other news sites that are ok with it.

You get more paid members, members get full articles. Win win.

Also, people are going to find a way to get full articles anyway. Either Feedly can do it and be the hero, or some 3rd party developer will do and make you look like the villain .

I'd rather be the hero :)

• greggreg commented  · 

@Andrea : thanks man, you rock!! That's exactly what I was looking for ;)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ok, here's the thing. Taptu, Google Reader, Flipboard and a whole host of others find ways to offer full feeds. Even Bing did. I know the deal about publisher's rights. But if Taptu et al can, why can't Feedly provide it on the exact same sites? This is a deal breaker for me. When you say it's entirely in the publishers hands are you saying that the publishers chose to let Taptu have full feeds, but not you guys? They let Flipboard and Google Reader too? I used Taptu for 5 years and I'll guarantee you that Reuters was a full feed. Why isn't it here?

• chrischris commented  · 

Agreed, should be added via readbility support or eventually built in support. Sure publishers want you to go to their site so you load their ads (unless you have adaware which blocks them anyway. I wish either Feedly would add support or that other companies that do support it like Pocket and Readability would add rss feed support in the way feedly does. As I feel there should be one app for consuming news rather than having to use two.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is IMO the #1 missing feature. Every other reader I've seen has this option (a few do it automatically). I appreciate the slide but it's very similar to opening the web page.

FYI- if you use chrome or firefox, there is a lovley script you can use- 'full feed'. It's on MonkeyGuts

• greggreg commented  · 

I understand your point, you just don't want to get in troubles with publishers. So why do you support Readability, Pocket or even Evernote export ? Using these integrations, readers don't go to the website neither. It seems you are already caught between two stools, so please reconsider your position. That would be an awesome feature. And you would earn at least one more premium user ;)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't organise my feedly to read full articles anymore. Has this been changed?

• Tomi KelTomi Kel commented  · 

There are many RSS readers that allow full feed content. Flipboard etc. I wish you would reconsider this, and maybe even allow them to share their ads in that full article if needed. It just makes it super annoying to go in and out of the full article. There must be some rewording module to make this happen.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How can I decide as publisher my full feed or partial feed? My blog is currenly on feedly but I cannot change anything and I cannot find any information to do it.

• NateNate commented  · 

If you could build in a seamless module that pulls the full text and images of all truncated RSS feeds so you don't need to leave Feedly to read them or click anything (essentially bringing the old "preview" function inline or something to that effect). I could be convinced to go Pro.

• Vassilis KehayasVassilis Kehayas commented  · 

If you can't or don't want to do that, then maybe at least allow some feeds/folders to automatically open in the preview window. I just can't be making the effort to click 2x more that I would (or reach the keyboard) if I am doing it hundreds or thousands of times every day!

• nateganttnategantt commented  · 

Yeah, Feedspot just did this. I can confirm.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base