I suggest you ...

Option to alphabetize - your feed categories, your uncategorized list, your feeds in general

276 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Umbart shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • E Go commented  · 

New feeds should automatically be placed alphabetically amongst the existing categories, not dumped to the bottom of the categories list. This seems like a basic programming assumption, so I can't understand why new categories are not automatically alphabetized by default. It seems logical to default to alphabetical ordering and then one can organize categories to a non-alphabetical position if necessary after adding a new category. I can't speak for others, but since I know what categories I've added, it is just natural to seek them out alphabetically until I choose to organize them otherwise. Thanks

• rps commented  · 

i swear i used to be able to alphabetize the list of feeds. but, suddenly, with the changeover- they seem to have all slid back to their old state. is this a bug? or, was a useful feature removed?

• sheldon commented  · 

Besides, it used to. This is a backslide.

• sheldon commented  · 

How can it not alphabetize? Who would want an unsorted list of 200 blogs? Are they deranged?

• Michael Golrick commented  · 

Well, I use the Index look -- for now -- while I decide if I am going to use feedly.

It sort of alphabetizes....but not really. I am a librarian, I actually know my alphabet, and know alphabetical order.

What it does is sort the list and put the first 14 in alpha order, and the next 14 in the column to the right, and then the next ones right under the first list (with no spacing). It seems like the "column wrapping" of the list is out of whack, or can not adjust to the page of a computer (not mobile) screen.

It is totally weird. It is also not really alphabetical. To call it that is misleading.

• Chris commented  · 

What about being able to slide page to page in preview mode.

• Bart commented  · 

I see that an option to sort folders has been added, but can't figure out if I can sort feeds within each folder alphabetically?

• Jane Millerick commented  · 

please alphabetize!!!!!! helps a great deal. thanks!

• ZakAttack commented  · 

ooops, just read that you can go to "organize" and drag/drop your folders to desired locations but doesn't work for the feeds within them. Those seem to be auto alphabetized. I would rather be able to control which go where.

• ZakAttack commented  · 

Loved the transition!!! Alphabetize for long lists is great but also the option to control the hierarchy of your folders and feeds within them. I like to drag my most important blogs to the top of the list and have certain folders on top, non alphabetically. Currently the web sorts lists my folders one way and the droid app list it the exact opposite way. Am I missing something in settings?

• Michael commented  · 

I appreciate how busy you all must be, but please fix this. This is a must.

• Chris commented  · 

I want to add on that feedly does need a way to alphabetize.

• berenices commented  · 

Please provide the option to alphabetize the feed - I find it confusing to focus on one thing at a time without this option. As it stands now, it seems to need more structure for me to perform a quick and organized search.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the one thing that makes me want to use something else

• Chris Shaffer commented  · 

As I review and use potential replacements for Google Reader, this missing feature is the one thing that might make me choose a different product than Feedly.

• Oliver Wong commented  · 

I agree. The ability to alphabetize is a must for those of us who have many feeds and many categories, like me.

• Jonathan Matz commented  · 

Adding this will be one of the last tools in making the transition seamless.

• Neal commented  · 

I agree. The followed blogs listed on the left should at least have the option to list alphabetically. I can look at non-alphabetized things under Today's features, but I should be able to quickly get to any blog I want from the menu.

• Meredith commented  · 

I was surprised that this wasn't already available... or I couldn't find it. Without sorting folders and content alphabetically, Feedly is of no use to me.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base