I suggest you ...

OPML Export

This one's pretty simple. Our data is our data, and I don't want it trapped in Feedly. Up until now this wasn't a problem, since we could sync with google reader and export from there, but now that Google Reader is shutting down we need a formal, user friendly options to export our feed data in multiple formats.

3,471 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel WhiteSamuel White shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John LandaisJohn Landais commented  · 

"We just added OPML export to feedly" in July - and then we removed the link to it from Feedly 17.3, October 2013.

Feedly 17.3 has removed the OPML export link from the Organize page (now renamed Personalize - a very poor name for this page), although it is still available (for now...?) via the #opml link.

Incidentally it seems to me poor design for there to be the separate pages Personalize and Index; they are mostly just the view and edit versions of the same data.

• Larry PlummerLarry Plummer commented  · 

with all of these complaints, why isn't this fixed yet?!

• Anonymous commented  · 

1) Cut and paste the content of the OPML file generated by Feedly into Notepad
        2) Name the file: feedly.opml
        3) Save as type: All files
        4) Encoding: UTF-8

Worked on Digg Reader.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

not working......come one...tell us the RIGHT method please!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

i tried this, exactly as written below

it's not working when i tried to import it to hootsuite rss apps

• KitezhKitezh commented  · 

Yes, this isn't working when you want to import the OPML back into Feedly.

• David JonesDavid Jones commented  · 

After saving by this method, the resulting feedly.opml file was successfully imported into InoReader.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is excellent, thanks for providing it.

I like to try out different services, and your openness really biased me back towards Feedly :)

• Margs LMargs L commented  · 

Yes, I also do not know how to convert this to an xml file that is required for other readers to read.

• boratborat commented  · 

what's everyone's problem? Successfully exported/imported into InoReader. #wtf

• mattmaisonmattmaison commented  · 

Thank you for adding this! It says a lot about feedly wanting to accommodate users instead of trapping them.

• Michael WoffendenMichael Woffenden commented  · 

Does anyone have a cookbook on precise steps to take to "fix" Feedly's exported OPML?

• Michael WoffendenMichael Woffenden commented  · 

Tried to import from the Feedly OPML to FeedDemon 4.5. Got the error "This file is either not a valid OPML file, or it's an OPML file that doesn't contain a list of feeds." Feedly team, any plans on fixing this file?

• Guy St-OngeGuy St-Onge commented  · 

Accented characters seems to cause problem as I cannot export/reimport a copy-pasted file from one Feedly account to another.

• Ioachim CantoIoachim Canto commented  · 

Hi, thanks for the effort, but I'm afraid that it's not working right, just copying and pasting on notepad and then saving the file as "feedly.opml".

I can't make anything with that!!!

Sorry. :·(

• Chris WaltersChris Walters commented  · 

If you're like me and really really want an OPML file that works, but (also like me) you don't have a clue about how to fix this one, here's how I did it. It's too long to paste here so I put it on Pastebin at pastebin.com/m8iui9r4

• Carsten OberscheidCarsten Oberscheid commented  · 

The OPML export is buggy. In XML, characters & and < need to be escaped as &amp; and &lt; when they occurr in element or attribute content. There are some more (>, ", ') to escape in certain contexts as well.
        Feedly doesn't do this, so the OPML export breaks for feeds with & etc in their names. The resulting XML isn't wellformed and can't be imported anywhere.

• NoNo commented  · 

It doesn't work. When I click on it, it takes me to a page and shows html code.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base