I suggest you ...

Filters to hide or highlight items – based on keywords and phrases

For example: I want to hide all items containing the word "pope". Now I just need to create a filter and all items with the word "pope" in headline and/or content will be hidden from my news stream. Same for highlighting certain words or phrases.

6,858 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bernd AllgeierBernd Allgeier shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

277 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carlos Alonso JimenezCarlos Alonso Jimenez commented  · 

negative filters (excluding stories with a specific term) are nice. But I'd LOVE positive filters: highlighting stories that include a specific terms or phrases, perhaps as a board, or as part of the must read section.

• mcmerbmcmerb commented  · 

When you asked if I'd use this filter, I quickly said no. But after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I would. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I just signed up to pro because the pro list of features said it included filters. Now I find it doesn't include any proper filters. Not very happy about this!

• Antonio KowatschAntonio Kowatsch commented  · 

So true. This would be the best feature ever. I really, really need to filter out all the dumb articles about "Trump".

• RobRob commented  · 

I chose not to renew my Pro membership almost entirely because this feature is lacking.

• JordanJordan commented  · 

As a pro user, I'm actually becoming quite frustrated about the lack of this as a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Feedly: This is a high-value enhancement request; please consider it.

In the mean time, check out Feed Rinse: http://www.feedrinse.com/index-old.php
        You give it your RSS URL, configure your filters, and they give you a replacement RSS URL to call that is ... rinsed! Use that rinsed URL in Feedly.

• SidSid commented  · 

The only reason why I don't open Feedly anymore. All sources inject politics of a foreign state into their content which makes them unreadable. I have perfectly enough of local problems!!

Just a few keywords, it has solved even Twitter for me.

• Jean TJean T commented  · 

i wanna filter "trump"

• KirkKirk commented  · 

Hahaha to the last comment.. surprised as well this isn't a thing :/

How many votes are needed before Feedly decides to implement?

• DFBMDFBM commented  · 

This is a popular request since the beginning, why has this such a low priority and gets delayed?
        For the time being, I found a Userscript/Chrome extension.
        Scroll down to the bottom of this page https://github.com/soufianesakhi/feedly-filtering-and-sorting and follow the links to the Chrome Extension or if you use Firefox, the Userscripts.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How is this still not a thing?

• Robin ZlatićRobin Zlatić commented  · 

This very feature is the only reason why i use 3rd party rss reader over Feedly and gReader.

Won't advertise but yes, there are apps that does support filter-out articles based on keywords. To me this is absolutely essential feature.

• Ben C. O. GrimmBen C. O. Grimm commented  · 

Search is good (would be nice to be able to store searches in .. RSS feeds), but filter (IN and OUT!) would be excellent!

• Andre Bovee-BegunAndre Bovee-Begun commented  · 

Yes, PLEASE. A simple switch to "mark as read" all posts to a feed or collection until further notice would be immensely helpful. A vacation scheduler even more so.

• Johnathan WardJohnathan Ward commented  · 

This feature would come in handy. For example, I have to support public forums on a rotation. I added all the feeds to feedly so I can answer new questions. I'd like to be able to mute this collection until I am on call again.

• Anonymous commented  · 

why this is not a feature yet? it would be so easy to implement it!

• Andy ShinnAndy Shinn commented  · 

I wanted to filter out some stuff from my feed and though to myself "this must the killer feature you get when you pay for Feedly". So, I went to pay for it, and couldn't find this feature listed! Kind of surprising as it is the only feature I would pay for above all the current paid features.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base