I suggest you ...

Filters to hide or highlight items – based on keywords and phrases

For example: I want to hide all items containing the word "pope". Now I just need to create a filter and all items with the word "pope" in headline and/or content will be hidden from my news stream. Same for highlighting certain words or phrases.

6,812 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bernd Allgeier shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

286 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marc Tucker commented  · 

Can anyone confirm if the filter feature available in the Pro version allows you to exclude duplicate articles from the same source? For instance, my only real example of this is my local newspaper reposts articles when they have been updated. Although this could be for an ongoing event, it is mostly used for typos or other minor changes. Sometimes, I'll scroll through Feedly and see the same article two or three times because it's been published and updated since the last time I accessed the content.

I don't know if they have an odd way of publishing articles or what because this doesn't seem to happen from other sources and I know plenty of websites are updating their content within articles. I don't necessarily want to upgrade to Pro primarily for filters if I don't know I can fix this issue. If filters aren't the answer and someone can think of another workaround, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

• Faggotry commented  · 

Don't you have the fourth option "Suck"?

• Alvin commented  · 

I can't access it. The page just has the three options for free, paid, and team.

• Enrico Lamperti commented  · 

Honestly, I'm sad it arrived many years late and only for PRO users. Those decisions aside, I'm glad you hear the feedback of your users here.

• Remy commented  · 

Oh. My. Gosh.

I've been waiting for this for years... thank you!

• Jordan commented  · 

I think this may be a handy feature for some, but my main interest is limiting results to certain matches. (in other words, filtering content the DOESN'T match the criteria)

• Carlos Alonso Jimenez commented  · 

negative filters (excluding stories with a specific term) are nice. But I'd LOVE positive filters: highlighting stories that include a specific terms or phrases, perhaps as a board, or as part of the must read section.

• mcmerb commented  · 

When you asked if I'd use this filter, I quickly said no. But after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I would. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I just signed up to pro because the pro list of features said it included filters. Now I find it doesn't include any proper filters. Not very happy about this!

• Antonio Kowatsch commented  · 

So true. This would be the best feature ever. I really, really need to filter out all the dumb articles about "Trump".

• Rob commented  · 

I chose not to renew my Pro membership almost entirely because this feature is lacking.

• Jordan commented  · 

As a pro user, I'm actually becoming quite frustrated about the lack of this as a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Feedly: This is a high-value enhancement request; please consider it.

In the mean time, check out Feed Rinse: http://www.feedrinse.com/index-old.php
        You give it your RSS URL, configure your filters, and they give you a replacement RSS URL to call that is ... rinsed! Use that rinsed URL in Feedly.

• Sid commented  · 

The only reason why I don't open Feedly anymore. All sources inject politics of a foreign state into their content which makes them unreadable. I have perfectly enough of local problems!!

Just a few keywords, it has solved even Twitter for me.

• Jean T commented  · 

i wanna filter "trump"

• Kirk commented  · 

Hahaha to the last comment.. surprised as well this isn't a thing :/

How many votes are needed before Feedly decides to implement?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base