• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gianmarco C.Gianmarco C. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer Feedly's own login  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Remi TrangAdminRemi Trang (Business Development, Feedly) responded  · 

We are currently using Google’s oAuth protocol to identify you when you login, along with Facebook, Twitter, Windows live and Evernote login options.

We’ve opted to take the route of secure 3rd party oAuth login options for now, but we also realize there is a big demand for a dedicated “feedly login” option. This is something that will require more dev work, and we are looking at this for the longer term.

365 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TFHTFH commented  · 

And the question is begged.. Why do you need my picture (let alone email) to let me read an RSS feed created by someone else. Sounds like Feedly is in reality a phish site.

• aa commented  · 

@never feedly

just export your rss feeds to an xml file
        create new account with feedly credentials
        import xml

what are you on about ?

• Never FeedlyNever Feedly commented  · 

Even recent announcement is a slap in the face from Feedly. I still have to have a base social media login before Feedly allow me to use an email login of my choosing. So Feedly demands and retains my personal data; basically give with one hand, take with the other. Hello Inoreader!

• DamenDamen commented  · 

Well, still under review? Ok. so without me Feedly.
        Hey inoreader.

• HarryHarry commented  · 

Please do. I have chosen not to link my various accounts and I do not want to link Feedly to any other account I have.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I do not have a relationship with any of those companies. I do not want a relationship with any of those companies. I do want a relationship with feedly. Spotify tried the same and was forced by its users to allow a Spotify account. Feedly may or may not give me what I want, a feedly account. Until I can use feedly without other needing a relationship with a third party I will not use feedly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Will be using a desktop alternative until this is fixed. What a joke.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What a joke. Goodbye.

Eric Snowden

• A RomanA Roman commented  · 

Would never use a service that scrapes my info by requiring connectivity with other services. Its not hard to figure out why a company would require it. Look at the bright side guys, some services don't make it this obvious as to their biz model. If privacy is important to you, not good.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not using feedly until this has been fixed

• Anonymous commented  · 

Jeez, all the negativity in the comments. I find it quit fair that a dedicated "feedly login" isn't the number one priority, it's not even number 1,876 in my list, so to speak. An oAuth login has many benifits and I prefer a secure third party login above an insecure dedicated login. It's not like Feedly asks you to sell your soul or offer your first born son.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was excited and now bummed. Seriously, how hard can it be?

• SinaSina commented  · 

Me either, I am no signing up if I am to enter my other services credentials.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Frick me Feedly; but after 2 years you guys are still working on it?

• Ajax4Hire RedPlutoAjax4Hire RedPluto commented  · 

Not going to use this if I can't sign up without linking to other accounts.
        Because I am not giving you access to my Google Account, my Facebook page, my Twitter account, my Windows live or Evernote credentials.
        When you are hacked, they are hacked.
        Yes, I understand the mistake in that hack statement.

• Ajax4Hire RedPlutoAjax4Hire RedPluto commented  · 

Me too.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

• LaneLane commented  · 

Except hour implementation is wrong. You should be given a dialog to choose which Google account you want to log in with if there is more than one on the device. Instead you just choose for me and you chose wrong. Now Feedly is worthless for me.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This is needed. Your "rationale" makes no technical sense and pretty much every other site provides their own login... why don't you?

• Mike BMike B commented  · 

I truly hate, hate, hate having to have login services linked like this between multiple services, and especially social media. I can understand and respect your decision to have not provided it, but it makes me a lot more comfortable to have a single independent login to the service. I am relatively new to using Feedly and am enjoying the product though.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base