I suggest you ...

Feedly does not appear to refresh a post if the author updates it after posting. (Google reader does this).

Feedly does not appear to refresh a post if the author updates it after posting. (Google reader does this).
Authors always see typos and clarifications after posting - so this feature is important. The preview has the updated text but the normal click does not. This may resolve itself eventually.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bob MacDonald shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, my blog is not updating. How can I address this in the future, this is like the 5th or 6th time this has happened: www.blog.gathergoodsco.com. What can I do to ensure that that my posts get published without making a post here? I am not a web developer...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this was raised 4 years ago and Feedly still hasn't changed it. I am honestly shocked you can run this business and ignore such an obvious issue raised by so many people. Sort it out.

Yes yes please fix this Feedly! I posted a couple of test posts when I was first setting up my blog, and now I can't get rid of them! It looks so messy. Is there any way to manually remove them from Feedly?

• Martin E (Forecaster) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you permanently cache feeds... That seems really bad. I made the mistake of testing with feedly using the url I wanted for my feed. Now it's stuck displaying the wrong order and the wrong timestamps. And it seems it will remain that way forever on feedly. But not on other sane services.

I'm sure you cache this stuff for a reason. But seriously. Allow requesting a cache reset for a feed. Really.

• James Tracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started to promote Feedly on my blog until I realized they permanently cache the first submission. Hardly any posts go out typo-free or room for improvement. This is a deal breaker for content providers!! I will be searching for your best competitor that updates appropriately and encourage my audience to use that reader instead.

3 votes - seems an important issue to me! I was playing around with some post formats in the beginning but now they keep showing up and it seems not possible to remove them

• Randy Slovacek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to request the same thing. Sometimes we have a typo or we update a story that's developing in the news. There should be some way to 'refresh' content. Please.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't really get the impression that Feedly is actively addressing issues, so not sure how much use this will be, but I am yet another person chiming in on this request. I can update my WordPress blog and it either pings the server and updates automatically or I have Ping-o-matic as a backup option. But without updating Feedly, I am concerned that the majority of my readers will still see the original (flawed) post. This simply shouldn't be the case.

• cherrypick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a client site feed cached which contains personal data, no compromising details but it's a privacy problem and can't request a feed removal, this is simply nuts and feedly should fix it asap

• Carl Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be a feature already. I'm actively developing a website at the moment and I've created an RSS feed for it. I had a test item on the feed for a while but it's long since been removed, yet Feedly continues to serve it at the very bottom of the feed. I'd like it removed but there's no option and Feedly doesn't refresh existing items.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh just up RSS and my 'description' field was bad. Looks like I can't fix it on feedly, because I can't make refresh old articles? Not even manually?

• koulaouzidis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow! what a miss... was wondering if the problem was with my CMS, but now i see where the culprit is... any news on this @feedly devs???

• Jean-Christophe Berthon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For publishers this is also important! I sometimes revisit articles in my blog to improve, clarify or simply update because things change fast!
    If Feedly does not detect those updates, then it happens that reader come to ask question which with the clarifications are not needed. But as they expect that Feedly content and the Blog content are the same, they do not see the clarification in the first place.
    Quite annoying as a reader and as a publisher!

Having auto refresh issues. Many of my RSS are not refreshing properly. I can go to the website where the feed was originated and can see that new posts are not refreshing in feedly. This occurs also in RSS feeds created from websta / instagram feeds. What did you do ??? Please fix.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base