I suggest you ...

don't refresh the page when it's been idle

I just noticed that the feedly page refreshes after a little while of inactivity. I'd rather it didn't do that. If I leave it alone, don't get rid of what I left it on to refresh it with different content. I left it on a specific article on purpose and now it's gone. :*(

170 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Ogilvie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It obviously doesn't server their business model to fix this - or even to bother engaging with users who don't like it. I now use Reeder on OS x and iOS for reading / interacting with feed items - Feedly is just a dumb RSS pipe for me. If they won't fix their UI, use a different one.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

June 2016, and this is still an issue. I'm about done with feedly because if this. Most of the articles I try to read on my iphone I can't get through unless I close feedly, open my browser and google the article on there because it refreshes so often that by the time it loads and I scroll back down and find my place back and start to read the next sentence it decides to refresh again and throw me back up at the top. This is ridiculous, and as soon as I have time to look at alternate options I will be leaving feedly, which is too bad, because I really like how it works on my computer, and would like it on my phone if it weren't for this.

• Alexey Abolmasov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's the end of year 15 and the freaking thing is there. I am ready to pay to hack or reverse engineer the damn thing to disable this autorefresh. the most annoying thing ever.

Having refresh issues. Many of my RSS are not refreshing properly. I can go to the website where the feed was originated and can see that new posts are not refreshing in feedly. This occurs also in RSS feeds created from websta / instagram feeds. What did you do ??? Please fix.

Will *somebody* from Feedly *please* comment on this?

If you need to do something else with your iOS device briefly, and you leave Feedly, it should react like every other app and show you what you were previously looking at. Why on Earth would you make it dump that view, return to the Home screen and refresh the content?! It's the single most annoying UX mistake Feedly has made, and it's the one thing preventing me from upgrading to Feedly Pro.

Give us an idea of timescale, please. Just let us know that somebody is aware of this. Give us something other than the pointed silence this thread has received from Feedly support. We're trying to help you improve your app, which benefits you.

• Yohann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot decide if it is a stupid feature or a terrible bug. Having to go fetch my article in the read articles because I switch quickly to another app is ridiculous.

Seriously, this has been an issue for this long, it's still an issue with iOS 7, and it's still not fixed? Nor do I see anyone from Feedly commenting.

Folks. Please, give us some sort of indication that you're aware of this and that a fix for this broken behaviour is on the way?

• Joshua Uth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my least favorite thing about Feedly. If I look away from my phone and the lock screen comes on. When I go back and unlock my screen , it refreshes the whole app and I start on page 1. Also if I switch between apps on my iPhone, or go to the home screen. When I go back to the app, it refreshes and puts me on page 1.
        I don't understand why it does this.
        I would just hit the refresh button if I wanted to refresh everything.
        It does this on my iPhone and iPad.
        Please change!
        Thanks!

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I want to the one to decide when to refresh, rather than Feedly deciding. It's very frustrating to lose the news when you've lost an internet connection.

• Olav Bringedal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on android this happens if lock screen kicks in, if someone sms'es you

I usually load feedly before entering my bus to work in the morning. When the bus moves I loose connectivity, and if feedly then refreshes I will then be without feedly for that ride...

• Tony Rad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terribly annoying. Every time my device goes to sleep, when I wake it it goes back to the all items page. It should instead remember the last page I was on.

Agreed. It is very annoying to have constantly read article half way, and then being refreshed back to the main page.

• wroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto refresh doesn't happen to me, maybe because i have disabled optimisation of featured articles.

• charlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had several long articles snatched away from me by this behavior. Most annoying. Please fix.

• Blake Sobiloff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! This is a big PITA to lose the article or video I'm in the middle of reading/watching. I can understand the need to refresh the page to account for new articles coming in, but please preserve the currently open article!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This totally pissed me off too, I was in the middle of reading an article and bam... gone! I looked everywhere for an option to disable this with luck.

+3 (yes, three. That's how annoying I find this)

This is absurd behavior and needs to go away ASAP.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base