I suggest you ...

Feedly Desktop 14.0.481 breaks links to Craigslist items by adding "?utm_source=feedly" to the end of the URL

293 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeramy PhillipsJeramy Phillips shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BryanBryan commented  · 

These seems to have been fixed. This was affecting all of my cragslist custom search feeds. As of August 2013 none of my feeds have this issue now.

• Sarah RichSarah Rich commented  · 

Well I'm going to be the lone black sheep voice here, but I agree with declining this suggestion. Even Google Reader always added the "?utm_source=blahblahblah" to the end of URLs. Feedly is not doing anything visibly different. At least the sites I was following with GR, this append would not break the link. It sounds to me like it's more of an issue with the sites being followed, not Feedly's problem.

• tubtub commented  · 

Currently using feedly for everything, but if this doesn't get fixed soon, going to have to leave for something else that works.

• SteveSteve commented  · 

It breaks a lot of sites, and is just plain bad manners.

Receiving sites have the Referer: (sic) header if they want to know where the traffic came from.

• Tomáš FülöppTomáš Fülöpp commented  · 

It is unacceptable also for Pocket. It means that some URLs seem not to have been saved to Pocket although they are there already. The added tracker is a nuisance and should be removed ASAP.

• Xephyr BurtonXephyr Burton commented  · 

Adding a data pair to the query string isn't rocket science: lots of sites do this seamlessly. The function you have to do this is broken. It's been carelessly written and doesn't take into consideration the varieties of URL. You can't just append it after an ampersand every time. It makes the feedly web site a pain to use and renders the Android app nearly useless.

• Mike WernerMike Werner commented  · 

Ditto on http://news.motorbiker.org it kills the article and then I need to remove the utm data before being able to read it.

This is important folks... it makes reading many articles impossible with feedy.

• PedroPedro commented  · 

I´m having the same problem when reading "the art newspaper". Please fix it! :)

• Cyprien TouzellierCyprien Touzellier commented  · 

I'm testing different solutions to switch from google reader. This bug won't help to migrate to feedly !

• JorgeJorge commented  · 

Feedly seem deaf and dumb to this problem. Many people has reported of a bad behaviour on links and they just keep on with this annoying utm_source forcing us to use different workarounds.

Pity they don't want to loose that feature that only serves for them. That feature is not intended to our benefit.

• Shi RongShi Rong commented  · 

...and this problem started to appear on the Android app too! :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have a similar problem. The addition of "?utm_source=feedly#" at the end of URLs breaks the login on all Gawker Media sites (io9, Gawker, Gizmodo, etc.). Deleting the string from the url and loading the page fixes the problem, but I feel this to be unnecessary. I would really appreciate a fix, because otherwise I love Feedly, perhaps even more than my beloved Google Reader.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have a similar problem. The addition of "?utm_source=feedly#" at the end of URLs breaks the login on all Gawker Media sites (io9, Gawker, Gizmodo, etc.). Deleting the string from the url and loading the page fixes the problem, but I feel this should to be unnecessary. I would really appreciate a fix, because otherwise I love Feedly, perhaps even more than my beloved Google Reader.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base