I suggest you ...

always show feed list

Option to always display the feed list on the left side of the screen when in Title view, as in Google Reader, so we don't have to click on or hover over the 3 bars in the top right corner to temporarily see the list constantly.

743 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave Kratter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely annoying. Why did they go back to the minimalist feature? Deal breaker for me. Anyone know of a reader like Feedly out there?

• Dave Kratter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like feedly FINALLY added the option to pin the sidebar in version 19.0. It took forever, but it's finally here.

• Michael Grimm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3, add this to the android app also. Too many steps for jumping between my feed list when I don't want to look through ALL feeds at once.

• Kim Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading this, I just discovered that the feed list sticks if the window is wide enough. Nice, but…

I really, really need the feed list to stick, no matter how wide the window is. So far, I've really been pleasantly surprised by how good Feedly is after Google Reader's demise, and this is the only point that's really irritating…

• pub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For information, the problem is only if the windows (IE, Chrome, etc..) is less than 1024 pixels !

• kaiserbrug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I respect what Feedly tries to do with the minimalist interface, but on the other hand it is annoying to navigate when the menu disappears all the time.

• Brian J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should not be dependent upon window width (I didn't even know that it was until today).

I want the feed list present in all views, not just Title view.

• DMoore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, show the scroll bar constantly, not just when the feed list is hovered over.

Also, if I expand a category on the Organize page, pin it open as well.

This is programmer candy, it looks cool, but does me absolutely no good at all.

• DMoore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vehement vote.

"Make browser window bigger" is a good workaround, but for me, that meant closing my bookmark window.

Don't make this dependent on my window size. Just make it pinnable.

Stop telling me how to run my life!

• Dave Kratter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andriii, your script is great. I just installed it in Chrome a few minutes ago, and so far it is working perfectly.

• Andrii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I think there are a lot of votes for this one and generally it's not so hard for them to do it. So it's only temporary solution. *( I hope that creators of feedly would implement this option in future version )

• Reinier Zevenhuijzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup. On a 1024px netbook I can't make the window wide enough to show the feed list permanently. I'd be great if I could choose to pin the feed list and unpin the right bar.

• Aaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is insane to switch every rss channel from default view to title. Please make an option to switch all channels at once!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

especially for the iPad version and to have the option of hiding categories that have no feeds, like the option available in the web version.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base