I suggest you ...

auto refresh

I just would love to have an auto update of unread items, even while I am reading.
I don't want to have to press the refresh icon to see that there are new unread.
Infact, I love my extension (Chrome) where I see the number of unread items once there are some, and I go straight to visit the site to read them.
Thanks. See ya in a few weeks

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Yanni Spiridakis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Doug Eldred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. For mobile devices, at least auto-refresh when it's the foreground app and you unlock the device, or when you switch to the app from some other app. For web version, maybe every N minutes. Please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having auto refresh issues. Many of my RSS are not refreshing properly. I can go to the website where the feed was originated and can see that new posts are not refreshing in feedly. This occurs also in RSS feeds created from websta / instagram feeds. What did you do ??? Please fix.

• Brian J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why they haven't implemented this, since it's something that Google Reader had, InoReader has, every Webmail client has--it's old news by now. I thought needing to manually refresh was a thing of the past.

• wroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaron, this is arrogance to presume that only your point of view is right. I personally would love to have automatic articles refresh too. It has to be noninteruptive for sure, but in the world of html5 having to press Refresh button is a nonsense. I believe it can be done gracefully without interrupting current open article.

• Aaron Digulla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might be a duplicate of http://feedly.uservoice.com/forums/192636-suggestions/suggestions/3770007-don-t-refresh-the-page-when-it-s-been-idle

Currently, feedly has auto-refresh but it's more a bug than feature: It will reload the list of articles as you read them -> current article will be lost.

Instead, Feedly should only display that there are new items with a new button or an icon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base