I suggest you ...

keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in the first place - when reading feeds at home, at work and from mobile it's very important to keep read items in sync. Especially with high-volume feeds such as 9gag.

1,846 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThiefMaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is broken for me. Syncing does not work for me across devices.

• Clive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been solved ? it does not sync on mine ! I am using firefox and the android app

• Bryant Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm like timofej. Items I read on my Android Pad are not marked as read on the desktop, but if I read them on my pc, they are marked as read on my Android pad.

• timofej . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is not solved. The articles I read on iOS are not marked as read on desktop. However, it works the other way.

I use Chrome (both Mac and PC) and iOS.

• Trevor Harwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not working for me.

Really frustrating when having to go back through the same articles.....

• Chip's Newsreader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My read articles are not syncing! Using Feedly on MacBook, iPhone, and iPad. App is latest version on all devices.

Please fix.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I add a feed on my computer using online feedly, it does not get added on my IOS mobile app. If I add a new feed on my mobile app, it does not get added to my browser online feedly when on my computer.
        This means adding new feeds twice, once on mobile, once on computer.
        They are constantly out of sync

• kara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of the last update, nothing will sync again. I've downloaded and reinstalled all my apps and logged out and back in. No joy.

• Ilona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this thread is pretty old... What is the latest update on syncing across all devices?! It is pretty frustrating. Pls let there be good news.

• sejscheid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Admin: I am on version 17.5 on the MacBook Pro and version 17.3 on the ipad. The devices stopped syncing recently. I don't see how to reinstall feedly either on the desktop or on the ipad. In addition, I logged out on the ipad and now can't get back in to feedly. I hope you can help.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. It seems like old posts reappear after a few hours.

Web:
        Version 17.4
        Standard Plan
        Most often chrome, but also firefox occasionally

Mobile
        Android 4.2.2
        gReader 3.4.2

• Dani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting old articles in Reeder. Don't know if it's a feedly or Reeder bug.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. As of now 2013-08-21 12:00 CET, using the latest version of the Android App 16.1.542 on Samsung Galaxy S3, and whatever article I read on it is not marked as "read" when I refresh / reload the webbased version un Google Chrome :-(
        The other way around does work.

• FHTheron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me the issue seems to be that the Feedly mobile app (iPhone) does not immediately report
        "read" status to the server. If I mark items as "read" on the mobile app, it usually does not show up as "read" on the web app. If I keep Refreshing on the mobile app after marking items as "read", it works just fine.

Or just use Reeder. It reports the mark-as-read event immediately and everything stays in sync.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base