I suggest you ...

keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in the first place - when reading feeds at home, at work and from mobile it's very important to keep read items in sync. Especially with high-volume feeds such as 9gag.

1,846 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThiefMaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katie Scully commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Count me in as someone else plagued with this bug. It's driving me insane to the point where I'm ready to give up and move on to another feed reader :(

• Mark H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same. Feedly Android app v16 and Feedly cloud on PC just dont sync properly any more :-(

• Alex Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used both gReader and Feedly on two different android devices, and different PCs using feedly cloud in browser.

I always found my feeds are not all synchronized between different devices.
        And many feeds i read again and again in order to make it as read in feedly finally.

Even though every new feeds read on gReader and force synchronization, it seems still not synchronized at all, not to mention I placed the device aside for a certain period of time, I still find those feeds might be reading not only one time.

• Matt Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the same happens to me. I only use Feedly cloud (no apps) through Firefox on a single computer. I read some articles, close the browser, come back later and they are marked as unread.

Powered by the feedly cloud
        Version 16.0.560

I don't understand.

• Juriy Zaytsev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing here — seeing already read articles on Chrome 30.

Any official response to this? Are you guys working on it?

• dozens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am having this issue. Using the browser site and Reeder for iOS, latest version.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue - I'll read through and mark my feeds as read on the way to work, and then get to work and have all of the ones I just marked as read showing up as unread on the web browser view. Sometimes it gets so bad that I end the day looking as if I had never touched Feedly. For the record, running 16.1.542 on iPhone and acessing 16.0.558 via Firefox.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would reiterate what others are saying: besides not syncing across devices, even within the same devices marking articles as read does not mean they'll be marked as read for long. They often appear moments later as unread.

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even if i just refresh feedly in my browser - articles just marked as read appear unread. and there is no effect if i log out and in again. this is annoying.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syncing, the whole purpose of which is still not working. I've uninstalled the Android app because it was never in sync. Attempted reinstalling it a few times, but that did not work. I uninstalled the Chrome app and use only cloud.feedly.com. Still out of sync with Android. I then resorted to using the browser in Android, both stock browser and Chrome (requesting desktop site). Marking as read still does not mark them as read in my feed. Frustrating to log in through Chrome the next day and remark articles as read.

• personality dialysis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the latest version on my iphone and my macbook and I am still having problems with syncing (as in it doesn't work at all).

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I log in on feedly on my iphone...and all my feeds show up as before. I put feedly on my work computer and log in...and nothing is there. As if I never had any blog feeds at all. Just added them all back and categorized. Then went to read on the phone while waiting for a meeting....and nothing is categorized. Have the latest versions everywhere...but can't seem to get a constant feed. If I can't quickly figure this out I'm going to move to another platform....should one log in = one set of feeds?

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, admin solution? Not a solution. I have this happen when reading in Chrome, and then coming back later in Chrome. Not switching devices, updated to the latest version. A little frustrating! But I love you, so I'll be patient with your quirks.

• Brian Koser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still noticing this problem using Version 16.0.551 with Google Chrome and Version 16.1.542 of the Android app. The problem began with the move to the Feedly Cloud, I believe. (Btw, great job with Feedly, I prefer it to the late Google Reader).

• Jorick Schram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also experiencing issues with the syncing of read items. However, I use Newsify on my iOS-devices to read while on the move / not on my laptop. Unread items do sync between in Newsify iPhone and iPad correctly, but after using the Feedly webclient on my laptop, a lot of already read items often still exist in my unread items.

• florian schoeberl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my Google Reader back :(

After reading about 20 articles, feedly says "AT END", although there are still unread items. Anyone else noticed this?

• jc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the problems between devices (all up to date), I just encountered a new one: finished all items in my feed in Chrome, all marked read. Came back an hour later and at least a dozen articles are marked unread (which I'd previously marked read).

• Nick R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if this is the same issue but I have noticed using third party app (newly released 3.2 Reeder).
        iPhone #1: As I normally would I clear through say 40 unread items and mark them as read - I now have NO unread items at all.
        iPhone #2: Now if I Sync on another iPhone it will "sync" all starred items and unread items (if any) BUT what it doesn't do is sync the 1 days (or whatever it is set to) worth of "read" items.

Maybes it's a Reeder thing because I can see all the "read" items on the Feedly Cloud.

Feedback and Knowledge Base