I suggest you ...

keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in the first place - when reading feeds at home, at work and from mobile it's very important to keep read items in sync. Especially with high-volume feeds such as 9gag.

1,846 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ThiefMaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hitachandra Kanaparti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I logged out of Feedly from the Chrome browser on my Laptop and logged back in and the sync is working between my iPad and browser.

• Javier Brezmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the solution posted by Anonymous on June 28 at 5:02p.m. And I think it worked for me at least for my iPhone and the web. I'll try with my iPad later and I will let you know further.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this problem, but I think I figured it out. My iphone wasn't syncing with the feedly cloud. I signed out. Then I signed back in (but not signing in to sync with google reader). After that, it worked. The thing to check to make sure you did it right is to look on the left side/panel at the bottom and make sure it says "Powered by the feedly cloud"

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the latest version on all my devices (Google Chrome, iPad, iPhone) and this does not solve the issue. When you mark all articles as read on one device and look at another one, these articles are still marked as unread.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i logged out of feedly in Chrome, re-installed Feedly on my iPhone, and it seems to be working. I marked one section as Read and came back to Chrome and it was also "Read." We'll see.. try logging out and re-installing people.

• Andy Puest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here; I am using Feedly on the web and two iOS devices; everything is v16.I can sometimes (not always though) get the two iOS devices to stay in sync by manually forcing refreshs, but they are always out of sync with the web site.

• Phil Leahy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Feedly on two desktops, an iPhone and Nexus 10 tablet. No synchronisation between any of these devices since the move to Feedly Cloud, and I've tried the Mark All As Read on Reader and updating Feedly on all devices.

• Javier Brezmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as I posted below. I tried both solutions proposed (Arthur's and treeline's) and it did not work for me. The iphone, ipad and cloud versions are not in sync between them.

• rps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello. the solution mentioned is incorrect. chiming in. i have the latest version in safari, and on my ipad/iphone. it simply is no longer working. also, on the same device - i mark all as read, but then come back a few hours later to read, and it is back to the previous state. after the changeover, this problem occurred - also, my previously alphabetized "uncategorized" area is now in a random order (not even the order in which i subscribed to them). related?

clearly, there are bugs. please, listen to your users and address them, without giving us a false "solution." investigate further.

• Joshua Carmody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have been having problems with things marked as read sometimes becoming unread again... even on the same device! I definitely have the latest version of Feedly on all my devices.

One thing though that seems to help is to refresh Feedly (by hitting "R" on the keyboard) before closing it. It seems that if you just close it without refreshing some of the reading you've done might not get back to the server.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same exact issue. I'm running the most current version on my iPad, iMac and iPhone.

Annoying and makes it difficult or impossible to use.

• Ryan Jarvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still an issue for me as well. I only have Feedly running in Chrome, no other devices.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is a major bummer. Just went and read a ton of stuff on cloud in chrome and made sure to do a refresh at the end. A few hours later opened iPhone app and lots of my already read items are back. Hope this goes away when google reader goes down, it will cause me not to use feedly at all.

• Elizabeth H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been enjoying Feedly for a couple of months. Until just a couple of days ago, the syncing was fine - whenever I read an article in Safari (or Firefox or Chrome), it wouldn't show up on my iPhone, (and vice versa) but in the past day or two, I have to read or "mark as read" each article on my iPhone AND Safari AND Firefox AND Chrome. Hope you can fix this soon.

• treeline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jerrod Leder wrote: "Hey folks. I think I found the solution, as I posted in an earlier post. On Monday I did the following and now everything is synced.

1. Open http://reader.google.com
    2. Mark All as Read
    3. Open http://cloud.feedly.com (with or without chrome plugin)
    4. Mark All as Read"

Thanks for the suggestion, Jerrod. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled feedly on all devices to no avail.

• Hernán Alijo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here with Android and Chrome (with or without plugin). Categories, feeds and read articles don't sync.

• Stefanie Tolbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem. Syncs find on iPhone but not with Chrome desktop. Really hope this gets sorted out as I was enjoying the service.

• Rob Cutmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this issue as well. I'm even having an issue with articles not being marked as read on the same device they were read on. After a while it seems like anything I'm reading from Saved For Later is not getting marked as read. If I open it from the main feed then it does.

Feedback and Knowledge Base