I suggest you ...

keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in the first place - when reading feeds at home, at work and from mobile it's very important to keep read items in sync. Especially with high-volume feeds such as 9gag.

1,846 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ThiefMaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jarrod Leder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey folks. I think I found the solution, as I posted in an earlier post. On Monday I did the following and now everything is synced.

1. Open http://reader.google.com
    2. Mark All as Read
    3. Open http://cloud.feedly.com (with or without chrome plugin)
    4. Mark All as Read

Since Google Reader is going dead on Monday, you might want to do this ASAP.

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, same here. Just updated Feedly on my iPhone and it is still not syncing with my desktop version. Also, any articles I read and save for later on my phone do not show up in my "saved" folder on my desktop. Super annoying. Hope this will be fixed soon. I like Feedly, but am going to have to switch to something else if this issue isn't resolved.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem with iPad & my mac. Everything is up to date. When will this be addressed? I feel like I'm going to have to look elsewhere; but I'm not even sure where to look.

Thank you.

Just did new installs of feedly on both Android and Chrome. Feeds stay marked for awhile, but when I open back up, all of my feeds are unread. Sifting through several hundred journal articles for the 2 new ones is not working for me.

• EricBerg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same issue here...also it seems to be very slow on syncing from rss. in google reader new feeds appeared asap...in feedly it lasts some time

• Jan Dübbers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still have the same issue with the iOS-App and the Web-Reader.
    After heaving read all articles on the iPad, they're still flagged as unread when I come home to read in the browser (yes, even after reload/re-login)

regards,
    Jan

• Chaslush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still an issue for me (that Android and web don't sync), and I thought the web version was the latest?

• Mike Dedmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. Firefox & Chrome show same counts and the same articles waiting to be read, but on my iPHone, it shows double the number and different / mixed unread articles. I've tried all of the suggestions above, and I'm running the latest version of everything. Any ideas on how/when this will get fixed?

Hi Arthur,

Countless users have told you, as per your request, that they are encountering problems on a repeated basis (I am one of them). We can appreciate the challenges, but an update would be appreciated. Not answering and leaving a 5 day old post at the top of this feed hurts your brand, and people will start leaving Feedly.

Respectfully,

Richard

• bbowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only view Feedly on my iPad and iPhone. I've reinstalled Feedly on both and it still doesn't sync.

I moved over due to Google Reader shut down. But if I have to constantly clear my devices, I'll have to look elsewhere.

• Phil Leitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

similar problem. Feedly on iPad is all out of whack. forgot all my must reads and is never in sync with cloud. using safari.

cloud feedly seems to be running fine.

ipad Feedly not so fine. i do 99% of my reading on ipad.

• Ronak Gandhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem as everyone else. The Chrome extension was working perfectly fine. After the move to feedly cloud, I'm seeing my read posts appear as unread again and again.

• Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a similar problem with chrome, when i mark all as read, and open Feedly 1 hour after, some articles come back as unread.

I had the same issue using Chrome on multiple PC's + iOS on iPhone and iPad. After logging out on all devices and logging back in (+ checking the version), the sync'ing seems OK again.

• Lisa Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this is under review. I hope it's goes through soon! I'm seeing the same issue here. Tried the force update/reinstall app strategy and I'm still seeing sync issues. Here's what I'm running:

Chrome: 16.0.528 (I am seeing 464 unread items)
    Android: 16.0.522 (I am seeing 464 unread items)
    iPad: 16.0.1 (I am seeing 159 unread items)

• treeline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list of people whose iPhone version of feedly does not sync properly with the Firefox version of feedly. I've tried uninstalling the iPhone app and reinstalling, plus removing the feedly Firefox add-on and reinstalling, as feedly co-founder Arthur recommended on 6/20/13. But they still don't sync properly. I realize feedly is going through some growing pains, but this problem is one that will cause me to look elsewhere for an RSS reader if feedly does not fix it soon.

• Julie Cagle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Reeder on my iphone, and use Feedly for the web. It used to sync perfectly, now it doesn't. However, the Feedly app on my phone is correct and matches Reeder. Right now I'm only using my phone to read my articles, but I'd really rather be able to use the web for home & work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base