I suggest you ...

keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in the first place - when reading feeds at home, at work and from mobile it's very important to keep read items in sync. Especially with high-volume feeds such as 9gag.

1,846 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThiefMaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem for me. I'm on Version 16.0.528 for Chrome and 16.0.1 for iOS. Thanks for looking in to this. Love feedly and happy to have switched over from Google Reader. Will be glad when the synching issue is resolved.

• Javier Brezmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here between iOs apps (iPhone and iPad are in sync) and the web version (using firefox) fo feedly (no plug-in installed). When you read or mark a feed in firefox it is not set as read or marked in iOs apps. The other way around does not work neither. Please check!

• Hans Mestrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tags are not synced. I entered a tag on desktop (safari) and it does not show up on my iphone and ipad

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not working for latest versions. I have updated version on Chrome and on iPad but still there is a bug. This very annoying problem. Will be great to have fast fix.

• Jens Boettiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arthur,
        I got the same problem with an ipad (latest version installed!!) and the web cloud frontend on Windows 8.
        I reinstalled the ipad version - web version is not paossible to reinstall :) - no change.
        Dosen't matter if I make a article as read on one side - it will shown up as unread on the other side (I'm not logged in to both apps at the same time!).
        Made a test with the latest android app - same result - no sync of read articles here
        And as Theifmaster wrote - it came up with the use of cloud and the latest apps on ipad.
        Any ideas? Thanks.
        Regards,
        Jens

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem between iPhone and Chrome. I mainly use my phone to access feedly, and so I save interesting articles for later viewing on my computer - but when I go into Chrome, it doesn't remember most of the articles I've read and it hasn't saved any since the beginning of June.

• Realtebo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firefox On Ubuntu and on Windows are perfectly synced
        Feedly on Android is left at 4 days ago, not sync happens when I load. It's the latest version
        I cannot uninstall and reinstall on Android, because it will be a problem, because I've something like 100 feed ...

I have the same problem. Have updated, but still no sync.

Running Chrome v.16.0.528 and iOS v.16.0.1.

Do I need to uninstall the chrome extension? Do I need the extension at all in order to read?

• Persio Pucci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have been having the same issue with a twist: even articles read on Chrome appear as unread when I come back again on Chrome.

• Jarrod Leder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After over an hour and about 40 posts, my solution below (June 24, 2:50 p.m. Central US time) appears to work. I used my tablet to clear out about 30 posts. Then I used my phone to clear out about another 9, no repeats. Then I logged in to the website and found one more, not a repeat. So I logged back in on my phone and had only one, the same that I had unread on the website, which was expected.

• sanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add in case it has not been mentioned: The Safari extension also does not sync up with the iphone.

I have a possible solution, but I'd like others to run it. Since Google Reader is going away July 1, the urgency is of the utmost:
        1. Log in to Google Reader
        2. Mark all articles as read
        3. Open Feedly in your browser on cloud.feedly.com
        4. Mark all as read

So far this has kept everything in sync, but I've only just done this about 15 minutes ago.

• Christy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running 16.0.1 on my iOS devices, going to cloud.feedly.com in my browser (chrome). My extension is the current 16.0.520 suggested.

I want to say this started happening to me yesterday.

Uninstalled, re-installed - same problem. Have you tried re-installing the operating system on your Feedly servers?

• Daniel Gehn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the Chrome Plugin and gReader as reader. And the sync sometimes fails. And sometimes I've got an unread item after viewing the article via Chrome Plugin.
        After reading it again and reloading it's successfully marked as read.

• Brent Litchfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same thing happen. Although both my iPhone and browser versions save which articles I've read, they do not communicate between each other. I will read all the articles for the day on my phone, and then go home just to see that they're all unread on the browser (Chrome) version of Feedly.

Ditto here too. Running 16.0.522 on two Android devices and 16.0.520 on Chrome browser. Hasn't kept in sync since Feedly Cloud was introduced. I don't think this has anything to do with the version 16, as I was running version 16.0.X for a day or so before Cloud was released with no issues.

I really hope this is getting looked into. 73 comments seems to point to a significant and repeatable issue. There are other tools out there thanks to Google's abandoning of Reader, and I'd hate to take my business elsewhere. I like Feedly. It (used to do)es what I need it to do. But I'm not married to it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base