I suggest you ...

keep read articles in sync on all devices

Before the update to feedly 16 everything was perfectly in sync: When I read everything new in Firefox I could open feedly on my Android device and got the "you read everything ..." message - perfect! When there were new feeds and I read them on Android I did not get them as unread on Firefox later.

However, since the update to feedly 16 this changed. Now stuff I read in Firefox does not show up as already-read on Android and vice versa. That's super annoying and actually this kind of syncing is the reason I started using feedly in the first place - when reading feeds at home, at work and from mobile it's very important to keep read items in sync. Especially with high-volume feeds such as 9gag.

1,846 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ThiefMaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

172 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Phil Holden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Logging out of Feedly on my Android phone and logging back in with my Google Account (not Android) account seems to have fixed things for me. I'm not sure if there's any difference between Google and Android accounts from a Feedly point of view.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I continue to have sync problems between my PC desktop, Mac Air and iPhone 5. all have current versions installed as you have noted.
    Please advise. Getting frustrated...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just migrated from Google Reader to Feedly two days ago, so not sure I could possibly have an outdated version of Feedly, but I just checked my iPhone app (v. 16.0.1) and my Chrome (Version 16.0.515) and they are still not syncing. Even right now, as I just checked the versions, my app shows all are read and my Chrome shows over 150 to read.

• Alan Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I un-installed on the Android Phone (Jelly Bean)... re-installed (same version i.e. the latest 16.0.5) and it seemed to be synced with the PC version on a once off basis. However subsequent changes on the PC are not reflected on the phone and vice versa.

Alan.

• Eric Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removed the browser plugin and switched to cloud.feedly.com, now it's all working again.

• David Bick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had problems for several days after being migrated, even with all clients at the latest version. Logging out and back into the iOS clients appears to have resolved it, for me at least.

• Alan Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem (latest Feedly Android app version on Samsung Galaxy 2) and Latest Feedly on Chrome Browser (Windows 8). I did log out and login on Chrome and it did update (marked everything unread)... But Logout/Login on Phone makes no difference.

Alan.

Same for me, when reading on both my Nexus 4 and my Nexus 7 tablet -- read items are not synchronized. This just started a couple of days ago, when they switched to Feedly Cloud.

I have checked that the app is up to date on both devices, but the Nexus 7 app says that it's powered by the Feedly cloud and the Nexus 4 version doesn't, so maybe an update is still rolling out to the Nexus 4 or something.

Agree. Not syncing read articles between Chrome and my iPhone app. Super annoying!!

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am having the same problem with the Firefox plug-in and the mobile application for Android. I have signed in and out of both clients and they still don't want to sync

• Frédéric Morel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those that still have issues--I had this problem at the beginning of the migration to Feedly Cloud. It was because my desktop was migrated but the Android app on my phone and tablet weren't. If you sign out and sign back in, it should all work.

• Aimee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happening to me on my iPhone and Chrome (have checked they are up to date)

• Mark King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is indeed a major issue, if i mark as read on the web app using the blackberry playbook's browser the app on chrome has no idea of those changes.

• Vlad Bobleanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens to me too. I use Feedly on Chrome (16.0.515 now), and two Android devices (both on 16.0.5). Stuff I have read on one device shows up again on any other. Plus, stuff I 'save for later' on one device doesn't appear as saved on the others. This is ridiculous. And yes, it started happening immediately after I got moved to the new Feedly backend. Everything was peachy whilst on Google's. Growing pains, I know... but this is a BIG bug.

Feedback and Knowledge Base