I suggest you ...

language filter

google reader filtered feeds of languages i do not understand. i don't know how they did it, but they have filtered out languages i can't speak. for example: i follow the updates of the flickr blog, there are posts written in every language. i got only the german one (if availaible) otherwise i got the english one. now i can see every post written in japanese or spanish.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
hochitom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sylvie Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm finding more and more articles not written in English are finding their way into my feeds and would like to use the filter to exclude them. I am a pro user.

• NeoThoms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, all msdn forums in another language than English or our natural language are useless.

It will be great to hide them automatically.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. A number of sites I subscribe to have dozens of authors covering many languages (especially TechNet and MSDN). It'd be great to filter out posts not in my list of acceptable languages, or translate them on the fly using something like the BIng Translate API.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did we ever find out how to filter entries from languages that we can't read? Maybe this could be added as a "Pro" feature. I would definitely pay to get that capability.

Feedback and Knowledge Base