I suggest you ...

Please make the lIfetime subpscription of Feedly Pro available to All

I am surprised and some what disappointed to learn that a life-time subscription of "Feedly Pro" was offered to some users for $99. We missed out on that because we were never informed. Why this selective treatment to some? Fairness demands that this offer be made available to all.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sa7375sa7375 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  PetrAdminPetr (Customer Success Hero, Feedly) responded  · 

Hello,

feedly Pro lifetime subscription is something we offered at the launch of feedly Pro during a special “kick starter” campaign. We later re-introduced it sporadically.

Given that maintaining the feedly cloud is a continuous effort, a lifetime offering would not be viable in the long term. Thank you for understanding.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin CramJustin Cram commented  · 

DAvid I disagree! But as it be known now there are lots of great alternatives for rss readers out there! So a lifetime approach for one time fee is a sound decision. Most RSS service make there money selling your email and your websites visited etc to compensate im surely that feely will do that if you bought premium or not! But yes I'd be willing to fork out a one time $99 lifetime membership to have my personal RSS feeds and to have them remain PRIVATE! None of this collection of ours is private! ANother thing why would any of us pay a company that does do much support. Looking through most of these questions feely completely IGNORES over IMHO 85% of them IMHO there isn't any premium support here! SO i refuse to support such neglect!

DyingJedi
        Justin Cram

• DavidNielsenDavidNielsen commented  · 

I think it is fair that it was a once in a lifetime offer that was also limited in terms of the amount of lifetime subscriptions available.

It was a lot of value for the money and I doubt that Feedly will make any money long term on such subscriptions. It is simply not in their best interest to make it widely available.

The pay once a year subscription fee is currently 45$ so the lifetime would be defined as roughly 2 years worth of service.

Maybe you could argue for a permanent lifetime tier at 199$, at that price it would be roughly the same as paying for 5 years upfront. That might be easier to swallow for Feedly while providing great value for customers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base