Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You’re making a “snapchat” level mistake

Prior to yesterday’s update, a page of unread items were marked as read once that page was dismissed. That behavior is now gone, even in the classic version. I scan 100’s of articles a day whenever a have a moment or two. My reader MUST support appropriate incremental marking of articles as read in order to support my use case. As of this update it does not - and neither does the Feedly Classic app.

You are about to lose a large portion of your audience if you don’t bring back this behavior immediately - as in days.

Feedly got…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,would you try enabling mark as read on scroll and long pressing on articles to select form Mark as Read above/below? That would put you close to the previous behavior. We don’t have pages concept in the new app so we don’t know how to mark to mark a current page as read anymore.
    If that is a big change for you, there is Feedly Classic app still available.

2. Wrong link URL to full article

In one feed (https://www.kvv.de/ticker_rss.xml) I'm directed to the wrong entry when clicking on the "visit website" button in feedly.

Instead of being directed to the URL which accompanies the article in the rss feed (e.g. https://www.kvv.de/fahrt-planen/verkehrsmeldungen.html?tx_ixkvvticker_ticker%5BdetailID%5D=Nettro_CMS_101213&tx_ixkvvticker_ticker%5Baction%5D=detail&tx_ixkvvticker_ticker%5Bcontroller%5D=Ticker)
    feedly leads me to https://www.kvv.de/fahrt-planen/verkehrsmeldungen.html?tx_ixkvvticker_ticker%5BdetailID%5D=110003570_KVV_ICSKVV&tx_ixkvvticker_ticker%5Baction%5D=detail&tx_ixkvvticker_ticker%5Bcontroller%5D=Ticker
    (different details id).

The XML document looks fine and works with IE feed without problems. Feedly seems to mix the URLs somehow.
    Can you fix it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make RSS feeds for Instagram, YouTube (and not just Twitter) possible.

I am currently using fetchrss.com for it. With that I can integrate YouTube, Instagram and Twitter feeds. But it costs me 10 Dollars/month :-(( I would totally go Pro with you guys and skip them if you would create a feature like this!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give me the option to make subcategories

Still not here, come on feedly

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Safari reader view as default

On my iPad I would love that if I chose articles of a feed to open in the browser (because of partial articles in feed) that it would automatically select the much cleaner reader view. This would be a great option to have. I always have to make the extra click...

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Preview disabled by browser over https"

The above text appears when I try to open preview link on my mac (Chrome, Safari) and the preview does not open :-(

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make compatible with the Tesla Model S Browser

Please make feedly compatible with the browser on the Tesla Model S. It won't take your google login information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow adding custom RSS feeds

I want to read one blog in my feedly. I can copy the rss feed url of the blog and paste in feedly and feedly identifies the blog. But

But the problem is Feedly recognizes the website as source and shows all news. While the feed URL I selected from that website was for specific category of news.

Now I dont want all news from that website. I just want specific category of news. Which I am getting as RSS feed from the website but feedly won't let me add that RSS . Because it thinks it already has that…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show statistics of feeds

Like erstwhile Google Reader, show statistics on feed regarding: last updated, last read, volume of post/day, volume of read/day, etc. Helps user curate content, drop old/non-updating feeds, etc.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. always show feed list

Option to always display the feed list on the left side of the screen when in Title view, as in Google Reader, so we don't have to click on or hover over the 3 bars in the top right corner to temporarily see the list constantly.

743 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support HTML span tag, to display styled text (source code, highlighting etc.) from original post

I use Google reader to read programming posts. These posts contain lots of source code, that is typically syntax-highlighted using colors etc. via HTML span tags within <pre> blocks. These appear correctly on Google Reader but not on Feedly. In Feedly, the entire <span> tag is displayed as-is, rather than rendered.

For example: jObject.<span style="">addToolbar</span><span style="color: #080;">(</span><span style="color: #080;">)</span>

Suspected reason: feedly automatically converts <span> into "&lt ;span&gt ;" rather than keeping the original angled brackets.

382 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow authenticated feeds from services like Factiva

My single reason for not converting to Feedly in this moment of dire need is that about half the feeds I follow for work are from our paid Factiva service. Factiva allows me to create a feed for their alerts, and Google Reader just displays the meta-description for each result (just like they do for Google News Alerts); once I click on a story, sure, I have to log in. That's fine. However, when I converted to Feedly, those feeds aren't being pulled in. Instead, I get this error message:
    "Feedly was not able to load feed: Access to this…

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Feedly does not appear to refresh a post if the author updates it after posting. (Google reader does this).

Feedly does not appear to refresh a post if the author updates it after posting. (Google reader does this).
    Authors always see typos and clarifications after posting - so this feature is important. The preview has the updated text but the normal click does not. This may resolve itself eventually.

289 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a simpler way to mark articles read/unread

I've been trying to switch to feedly from Google Reader, and mostly it seems quite nice, but the many ways of marking articles as read/unread is confusing. (Note that I have the "auto mark as read when scrolling" preference turned off, and I read in Firefox in Full Articles mode, sorted by oldest first, reading All articles.)

In Google Reader this is very simple: there's a "mark as read" checkbox that you can always click to toggle, and you can always tell if something is marked read by whether the checkbox is checked. The status never changes except when you…

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow adding RSS feeds directly by URL

You should add an option to add RSS feeds by URL, and not just by browsing your feed selection. What if I want to subscribe to my owns feeds?

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. auto refresh

I just would love to have an auto update of unread items, even while I am reading.
    I don't want to have to press the refresh icon to see that there are new unread.
    Infact, I love my extension (Chrome) where I see the number of unread items once there are some, and I go straight to visit the site to read them.
    Thanks. See ya in a few weeks

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow one-click access to the mark unread/read icon

I would really like to be able to mark items as unread with a single click (i.e. place the icon at the top in article view, next to the customisable share & save icons). In Google Reader, I would often scan through my unread items and 'mark unread' anything that I wanted to come back to later to read properly. This would keep it in my unread queue, rather than moving it off to a separate 'saved for later'- type queue.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove, filter or delete duplicated posts

Analize content to detect duplicated posts. Have an option to mark them, filter them or delete them.

I have some feeds that have duplicates, content is the same, only time or url changes (http://www.example.com or http://example.com).

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fix updating of YouTube feed

I subscribed to my YouTube subscriptions using this URL:
    https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/gigatom12/newsubscriptionvideos

When I add it to feedly, it works fine and fetches the videos. However, when I try to manually update it, it doesn't show any new videos. Also if I come back a few hours later it doesn't show me new videos either even though I know that there are a bunch of new ones.

I think the issue is that after adding it, it tries to fetch the feed from https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center which is defined in the feed's <link rel='alternate'> tag. Why? Because I noticed that the link on the…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. language filter

google reader filtered feeds of languages i do not understand. i don't know how they did it, but they have filtered out languages i can't speak. for example: i follow the updates of the flickr blog, there are posts written in every language. i got only the german one (if availaible) otherwise i got the english one. now i can see every post written in japanese or spanish.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base