Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop characterizing articles as "humorous" or "satirical." Readers can -- should -- make that decision for themselves. Please.

Stop characterizing articles as "humorous" or "satirical." Readers can -- should -- make that decision for themselves. Please. It's destructive to the article to characterize it in advance that way (90% of what's called "humorous" doesn't work; the characterization makes it worse).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Russ, those are some of your sources articles. Humorous.jpg is from “The Front Row” you follow. and the other one jokes.jpg is from “New Desks”. What they post is not in our power.

• Expose controls for stopping auto-scroll when I open a list item

Used to be that when I clicked on a line item, it would open the story below and no scrolling would occur. Now it auto-scrolls so the headline is at the top of the screen. This makes cycling through line items a lot slower (click on item, auto-scroll happens, manually scroll to see next item, click...etc). It'd be great if this were an optional feature please.

48 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        14 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • provide a refund

Hello, I don't know who to contact. I was under the impression that I was unsubscribed from this service, but I recieved a charge today on my paypal account for another year of service. I did not request this and do not want to subsribe for another year. Please provide me a refund for this charge.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • mark current article as read before refreshing feed

When I use the keyboard to navigate the desktop page, I use the R key to refresh. However, when refreshing, the article I'm currently reading (before the refresh) is marked as read, but only after refreshing. This means that the recently read article will still appear in the list of articles, but marked as read. This is particularly confusing when hitting R after the last article, which will trigger a new list only with that article marked as read, instead of a message that all articles are read (this is in the "All" view, but should apply to other views…

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • add a search feature to the "Saved for later" section.

I need to be able to search saved articles at later dates. Google reader had a search function where I could search by keyword or even exact phrase for specific articles I had saved. It's very handy when you have a tonne of saved articles and you're looking for one in particular.

16 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Sharing via email

From a Google Reader ex-user: I frequently share feed articles via email. I don't see that option anywhere on the Chrome plug-in of Feedly (although it works great on the iOS version that I also use). Should be trivial to add to Chrome? Thx.

1,533 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                84 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Automatic mark "read" while scrolling

Personally, I do not have enough options automatically mark "read" while scrolling news (like the ones in Reeder, and it's very convenient)

884 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  completed  ·  86 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Import tags and Tagged articles

Tags and articles saved under tags in google reader won't show up in Feedly. Would be great if they did!

927 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    87 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    completed  ·  Arthur responded

We have started to upgrade feedly from the Google Reader backend to a new feedly backend. As part of this upgrade, we will automatically copy ALL your feeds, your category/folder structure and up to 250 starred items.

Based on popular request, we are going to try to migrate the articles you read in the past and assigned tags to. This way all the gems you have collected in the past will not be lost for ever when Google Reader goes offline in July.

But we need your help regarding migrating your tagged articles. We need you to go to your feedly preferences and enter the list of tags you have been using to archive old articles. We will try to migrate 100 articles per tag.

—> see blog post for more details: http://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/24/migrating-your-tags-from-google-reader-to-feedly/

• Search Saved Items

Allow users to Search in their Saved Items

60 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • To provide an api for developers

Developer API like: : https://code.google.com/p/pyrfeed/wiki/GoogleReaderAPI
                      So we can develop applications around it.

222 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        22 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base