Suggestions

What features would make feedly better for you?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. External browser option is nice to finally have, but needs more work:

For me, it actually provides a worse experience than the builtin browser: it brings Chrome to the foreground and opens the link I tapped in a new tab. To get back to feedly, I have to back out or go into recent apps. What I want is to be able to skim through my feed items and quickly open N tabs in the background, then go to my browser and read through them at my leisure.

Having tap always open a foreground tab is okay (but probably better to be configurable). However, if in article/title view, allow long press to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tags are disappearing in my Feedly

I can't figure out where to post this as I am not signed up for Google +.
    I use Feedly on my laptop and Feedme on my cell phone. For several months now I have been losing tagged items. I thought it may be a Feedme syncing issue but today I created a new tag in Feedly and immediately used it once. Then when I tried to use it again in the same browsing session it was not there. I recreated it for the second item. Then clicked the tag name to see if either item was there and neither…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please update the Feedly Safari Extension (great easy way to get to Feedly) so that it points to the updated Feedly URL

Currently the safari widget goes to cloud.feedly.com but I know that address has been retired and it takes time for the redirection to kick in when I click the widget button, so the widget should now redirect simply to feedly.com

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integration with other apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. remember layout and filtering settings after renaming a category

Currently all layout and filtering settings are reset to default after renaming a category, which is a little inconvenient.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TAGGING ARTICLES

Feedly's inability to manage the TAG option that SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT has made me search for a new platform. The response to TAGS is atrocious and as an avid Feedly reader, I am thoroughly disappointed in NO FEEDBACK from FEEDLY regarding this issue. Give the people what they want. ABILITY TO TAG ARTICLES/ORGANIZE/VIEW TAGS on Mobil Phone. What is so hard about this and why can't you respond to this request? Searching for new alternative to Feedly. Pathetic support.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Don't nest 'Mark all as read' function. Have the 'tick' visible on the feed, not nested under the 3 dots.

This would make marking a feed as read a 1 click option, rather than 2.

When you read 20 different feeds individually, this would be a time saver.

Thanks

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. desktop app

standalone desktop app for mac

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. sharing to pinterest

I can no longer share to pinterest with the mobile app. When I select this option, a message box appears saying "Loading images from feedly. com" I have waited up to five minutes and that box never goes away and interest does not load. I only use the mobile app, so I need it to link to pinterest, otherwise it is useless to me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and it did not fix the issue. What is wrong?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notification on pinned site by Internet Explorer

Please add notification for IE 10/IE 11 on Windows & and Windows 8 desktop on pinned feedly webside (like here: http://www.buildmypinnedsite.com/windows7/en#step_3 ). Thanks a lot:-) Tomasz

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Avance an Return

Good night.

As a suggestion to improve Feedly, it would be interesting to add two buttons: one to move the message and another to return to the previous.

Thank you very much for Feddly.

A greeting.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. correct the desktop menu overlay on mobile devices

The desktop menu width is much too small on mobile devices, and the menu disappears after a few seconds. Yes, some of us prefer the desktop version of websites on our smartphones.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remember my Google authorization even in Incognito mode

When I browse in private mode and go to log in via Google, Feedly prompts for permission to connect to Google.

Please remember YES, and do so in the Feedly user database, not in a cookie where private modes do not have write access.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add the ability to tag from the mobile app

add the ability to tag from the mobile app

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clear categories instantly from left pane when fully read

Google Reader used to instantly hide folders in the left pane when fully read. Feedly seems to keep those which had unread items in them visible even when you read all the articles

Please remove them when empty without needing me to refresh the page manually.

Without this it's hard to pick up which ate gory s next with unread articles.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Google Reader Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. have an email backend.

the whole "feedly pops up an Outlook window" thing is awful. DON'T USE MAILTO, write a mail interface or buy one... Feedly pops up Outlook on most PCs. Except we don't USE outlook at home, and I don't want to share PocketPrincesses or Gawker through my work email address! On our main computer at home, hitting the mail button just crashes everything (b/c of not using Outlook and not having it set up). FIX IT.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add the option to send multiple saved stories in a single email

This is a feature I've only seen before in iOS app NewsRack: the ability to send all your currently-saved stories in a single email with each getting a headline (+link) and first excerpt. I used to check my RSS feeds every morning, then send one email to myself with all the interesting links.

For people who don't clear all their saved links once a day, perhaps it could be an option to 'send all my saved stories from the last...' option - the last day, the last week etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a confirmation dialog for the "mark all as read" button in side panel.

I clicked the button (next to "All") by accident and lost tones of information. No way to undo this.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Organizing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When finished reading, go back to start page

When you read through the articles via categories in Feedly Cloud, it goes to the 'All' view when done rather than the selected start page. I'd prefer, for example, it to go to the 'Today' page instead. Under preferences, the first option is to select either the Today, Index or All pages as where to start with Feedly. This should also be where you RETURN after reading through all articles. Basically your launch page.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Visualization / Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base